LGCX65" So excited

HardAct

So I have been watching this tv now for a very very long time it seems! I had already just bought my Samsung Q8fn and it has been very hard to justify the price.  It wasn't cheap @$1600 but a lot cheaper than the LGCX was by 1000's of dollars. That said, with a 2080Ti gaming rig already and the fact that I will own both a Series X and a PS5 in due time, I've really been wanting this TV to future proof my Gaming hobby and to own one of the best TV's ever reviewed. I'm planning a completely NEW Gaming PC too at the end of 2022  or when the RTX40 {What ever it's going to be called} series is released or I can just walk in and buy / add to cart a 3080Ti without all the hassles we have now!

So, Yesterday after 100's of times putting it in a cart, saving it for later waiting the price drop lower and lower and lower I just did it. Now I do not have it yet, scheduled for curb side pick up ay Best Buy here in Medford, Oregon on the June 4th. I got it for 1849.99! Pretty great price and I'm hoping to just be blown away. What really makes this sweet is my across the street Neighbor offered $700 for my Q8fn. I will finally have a set with G-sync & Free Sync premium, VRR, etc. I'm very excited. I will be really testing the features heavily for 2 weeks before I sell this TV, but I'm hoping to see big differences with a lot of the features. I only have the PC to really test but I will finally be able to uncheck that G-sync box in my games and let the PC do what I built it for. Having the 4k / 120htz option is a great future proofing option.

Any thoughts on what things do for gaming on this set. How do I let the TV handle all G-sync? Do I enable it in control panel, as it recognizes the features on the TV? Things I need to know before, and things that are nice to know guys / gals?

Lastly the whole plan has always been to get this TV and the 77" model too as it's very close to sub 3k right now @3049.99 for my Home Theater main movie and TV watching experience. I want a 85 inch and am still looking at the Q90 because it's close in price for a bigger screen and It's going in a pretty bright room. It will be replacing a Samsung NU8000 65" I've had for about 18 months. I have to say thing though, the Q8fn has been a great TV with a great picture and I'm hoping the differences will be quite large. Am I over expecting from this TV?

Thoughts on the 77" LGCX vs Samsung Q90 85" for just Movies and TV, no gaming planed right now. Thanks guys in advance, I know there are quite a few of you with this TV and really want your opinions and anything that's important. Also I'm leaning on getting the 450 dollar 5 year warranty from BB covers Burn-in and no one else does, but for what I do, and the amount of time spent with any single image or game is not an issue. I was really close to just get the LGC1 as it's 2499.99 and same price as the LGCX with the 5 year warranty. Comes a time where you just got to go with it, as it's dropped so much in price.

Great purchase sir you will be very happy! OK, so first things first each input should be set to FullHD color, as this allows for HDR. Next set all input for PC and game systems to game mode for low latency mode. Lately follow one of the many online calibration modes for your TV. Regarding PC G-sync, yes you set G-sync in your Nvidia control panel by enabling the display as g-sync and then turning on g-sync at the system level via the graphics card level via the same control panel. Make sure to disable V-sync in each game menu. 

Thanks man, I am so excited and grateful that I'm able to recoup at least half what I paid for the Q8fn. I've been impressed with myself not being to bothered that I don't own the new consoles. I've never ever not had a console at launch, well with in the last 25 years that is and meaning Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. Now I'm beginning to feel that pull. I even put PS5 in Google shopping and of course there were none anywhere, I then did Series X lol to no avail. I do not need these right now, really I don't but they would be nice. My PC has been a great deterrent lately with Game pass ultimate and me buried in games! That along with my backlog on Steam I'm good but........You know :hmm:

Any thoughts on the Q90 or LGCX in the living room? It's a bright room, but will eventually undergo a costly renovation adding dimmable pot lights in the ceiling and a mid range receiver with Dolby vision and 4k / 120 passthrough with Atmos being the end goal. Not to extreme but at least a few thousand plus the TV cost. So the TV needs to be the statement piece. The 77" being pretty cheap now it's tough, I want 85 inches though so I keep going back and forth over and over and over again! I can't spend 5k for 83' LGC1. Thing is the C1 launched this year at a pretty good price of 3499.99. The CX was much more expensive at launch and dropped so much in 14 months though. I know there will always be better around the corner but rebuilding from that dammed fire, I want to get this right this time and not look back. the 77" could be had right now for 3049.99 and a 5 year warranty for 2 hundred more than the C1 77" and the Q90. I kinda now, feel like I could enjoy the CX65", game the hell out of it, it's in the game room so it's much darker. Then just sit back and wait for the 77" C1 to drop a year at least. If it goes anything like the CX it'll be 2800 or less in 12 months! Thats crazy and seems like the best bet right now. I've just been waiting and waiting so long to get this new house halfway to Prefire comfortable to us. I'm the driver on this as my wife really could care less, but se did love our California audio system when watching a move.

Mr.vic sir, do you own the CX? is it 65 or 77" ? Who here can ramble on like me? NO ONE that's FU%$&NG WHO LOL my go what gibberish! Thanks for the advise on the TV Very appreciative. What was meant by this 

"Regarding PC G-sync, yes you set G-sync in your Nvidia control panel by enabling the display as g-sync and then turning on g-sync at the system level via the graphics card level via the same control panel. Make sure to disable V-sync in each game menu"

That's 3 places, I'm confused here. Enable G-sync in the control panel, then turn on at the SYSTEM LEVEL? Via the same control panel? Will this allow my GPU to then run freely and not cap it at 60 like V-sync does? I've forever always had V-sync on because of tearing. Will this be any different or does G-sync allow then VRR and higher FPS in games. I'm excited but I've always had V-sync on and know nothing else.....

• Haha 1

I have a 65" C9 currently, but yeah, if you have the cash and the wall space, why not go bigger? as for G-sync, take a look at this as its a visual guide and should explain it a touch better than I did!

gsync-logo.jpg
WWW.WINDOWSCENTRAL.COM

Just got a hot new G-Sync monitor to go with your NVIDIA GPU? Here's how to enable sweet, tear-free gaming on your PC and make sure you're always gaming on the right display.

hell the 77" LG GX is the same price as the LG C1 now, it's the higher end model isn't it, brighter, etc? See what my head puts me through? I' was so surprised that my hand actually clicked confirm purchase yesterday after, and this is not a lie, hundreds of times doing so on many different sites. It's not healthy, it isn't I TELL YOU.

4 minutes ago, HardAct said:

hell the 77" LG GX is the same price as the LG C1 now, it's the higher end model isn't it, brighter, etc? See what my head puts me through? I' was so surprised that my hand actually clicked confirm purchase yesterday after, and this is not a lie, hundreds of times doing so one many different sights. It's not healthy, it isn't I TELL YOU.

I feel your pain! 

fixed spelling so I don't get reeeeeeeeamed 

Do you recommend the warrenty?

I know it's expensive and only my NU8000 is under warranty for 5 years, don't know why I did that one and not the other 3, but that's me! Weeeeeee how great it is to me! I'm not getting the Gx. The 77" C1 is though pulling me because cost is so much lower that the CX at launch. Knowing how much it's dropped as I watched every damned day, the new model will do the same and personally it's going to be such a great value later next year. I'm leaning though LG CX or Q90 about 2 months from now. I'll also get almost 300 back from best buy rewards and not living in California anymore and the 7.5% tax, I'm saving another 300 bucks here in Oregon! I've been saving, and saving and can afford it I just want these decisions to be done, so I can focus on the Hot tub and the other expensive long ass list we has set as our goals in the next 2 years!

Ive been freeking out a bit going over how to set this all up as when I go into Nvidia control panel I don't have that option to set up G-sync!

Now I'm thinking that you have to enable it first in the TV menu and then the option will be visible to the panel? I very hardly ever go into the Nvidia control panel. Is this correct? I have never had a TV, or monitor with the Gsync option before? Think this is why totday it's not even in the control panel options on my TV? I pick up the LGCX tomarrow!!

The LG CX is in the Garage as we have company tonight, but earlier today I fired up the game on my Peasant Samsung Q8fn 65" Qled...lol and I gotta say, this is an amazing looking game! WOW! One of the best on the ps4 pro anyways. I love how it had the performance setting for the PRO

Thanks @best3444 I think we made the right choice this over Mario Golf, the fact that it's a end of month Release date too helped, THANKS MAN! Great game so far, and a treat & visual showcase for those of us holding on too last gen awhile longer......That and t he fact that after reading and watching all the 3080Ti reviews, I'm definitely not going to get a 30 series card. 5-10% more than a 3080 for 400 bucks more !! {1200.00....lol} Thanks for making this decision easier. Greedy bastards!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HardAct said:

The LG CX is in the Garage as we have company tonight, but earlier today I fired up the game on my Peasant Samsung Q8fn 65" Qled...lol and I gotta say, this is an amazing looking game! WOW! One of the best on the ps4 pro anyways. I love how it had the performance setting for the PRO

Thanks @best3444 I think we made the right choice this over Mario Golf, the fact that it's a end of month Release date too helped, THANKS MAN! Great game so far, and a treat & visual showcase for those of us holding on too last gen awhile longer......That and t he fact that after reading and watching all the 3080Ti reviews, I'm definitely not going to get a 30 series card. 5-10% more than a 3080 for 400 bucks more !! {1200.00....lol} Thanks for making this decision easier. Greedy bastards!!

Great to read, man! I'm really glad you're enjoying the game. Post impressions once you have the new TV setup!