BO Report: oh shit get the fuck out of here what are you doing get the fuck out of here you stupid idiot

17 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

definitely hope they survive and continue to have the A-list subscription plan

A-List apparently started to turn a profit the last quarter before Covid, so I would assume they will keep it in their new entity. And other chains have started rolling out their own subscription services, so it’s clear the model can work.

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Except people REALLY like going to the movies... besides the technical aspects, there's a whole social/communal aspect to going to the movies with a bunch of strangers and having this shared experience that appeals to us on a primal level. I do think streaming will inevitably change the theatrical business model. But I don't think it will outright "kill the industry" and it shouldn't. Besides the things I listed above, the last thing we need is a whole other industry that employs millions of people just straight up disappearing. 

Yeah, I always say that a good movie is the excuse for people to go out for an evening. People like to go out!