The Grim Zaslav Reaps Again: Warner Bros Shelves Finished Live-Action/Animated Pic Completely As Studio Takes $30M Tax Write-off

Jason

23 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Just realized that anyone who has a Max account via a cable subscription to HBO has been downgraded to no longer be able to stream HDR/DV and you’re now required to buy a completely separate Max plan if you want HDR. Fucking ridiculous.

Best solution to fix that is :pirate_2: until Zaslav is gone.

30 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Best solution to fix that is :pirate_2: until Zaslav is gone.

This seems to be a growing trend. Paramount+ requires a “with Showtime” bundle for HDR/DV, and IIRC Amazon is doing something similar with their new “$3/month extra for no ads” thing. It’s really frustrating.

At least with something like Netflix there’s no “I already have this with cable so I’m not subbing twice” when they lock 4k/HDR/DV behind a premium tier, and, actually, I get basic ad-free Netflix included with my Comcast Cable, but am able to upgrade to the premium 4k/HDR/DV tier for $5/month (or whatever the price difference is between the no-ad tier and top tier).