Trailer for new season of Dimension 20 has dropped...

Ghost_MH

Figured I'd put some feelers out there to see who else is watching.

I know the series is paywalled behind Dropout.tv, but the past few seasons haven't just been amazing; they've also been great examples of very different takes on a TTRPG campaign.

A trailer for the new season starting August 9 with Freddie Wong and Hank Green looks great...

If you haven't seen any of the previous seasons, they put up the first episode of each campaign on YouTube.

Dungeons and Drag Queens was far better than I had anticipated...

The Ravening War was amazing...

Neverafter was excellent...

A Court of Fey and Flowers was great...

I'll stop here. That's what like 8 hours of video embedded in one thread.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really liked this season. Inside Out does Noir was a fun theme. The other person I wasn’t familiar with was Alex, and they were hilarious.

And now we know the next several seasons:

Starts next week.

Then in January:

That’s a big one for me. Love Fantasy High. Sophomore Year was weird with the stripped down live format and the abrupt change to remote play for the finale, but still has some of my favorite D20 moments.

And in the video for Dropout’s 5th anniversary, two more seasons were teased: Dungeons and Drag Queens Season 2, and the real mystery title, Never Stop Blowing Up. 

On 9/26/2023 at 5:07 PM, TheLeon said:

I really liked this season. Inside Out does Noir was a fun theme. The other person I wasn’t familiar with was Alex, and they were hilarious.

And now we know the next several seasons:

Starts next week.

Then in January:

That’s a big one for me. Love Fantasy High. Sophomore Year was weird with the stripped down live format and the abrupt change to remote play for the finale, but still has some of my favorite D20 moments.

And in the video for Dropout’s 5th anniversary, two more seasons were teased: Dungeons and Drag Queens Season 2, and the real mystery title, Never Stop Blowing Up. 

Alex was amazing. Their decision at the end that even caught Brennan by surprise was the perfect combination of sweet and then hilarious when they went into talking about Heinz.

Burrow's End is going to be brutal.

Sam Reich: We want to take our audience and expose them to deep trauma. [laughs] And the way that you do that is by luring them into a sense of comfort and security.

Mulligan: The mental mathematics of the season are also a fun thing. The fact that we go like, Hey, it’s tough being a little furry critter, the woods are dangerous. You know, we see nature documentaries where little stoats and bunnies are getting absolutely eviscerated by falcons and stuff, and you watch it and you’re like, Tough break, buddy, and you move on with your day. But we’ve given them names and voices. And now we’ll see! Now we’ll see how glib they are!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2023 at 4:35 PM, Ghost_MH said:

I believe I saw that today's episode will run with a body horror warning, so that's cool. Nothing like a Watership Down season with a body horror warning.

When 75% of the episode is tagged with child endangerment and body horror/gore, you know it’s gonna be a good one. :p The “map” reveal was incredible. The production value of this show just keeps going up. 

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

When 75% of the episode is tagged with child endangerment and body horror/gore, you know it’s gonna be a good one. :p The “map” reveal was incredible. The production value of this show just keeps going up. 

The art team really stepped up for Aabria. I really liked A Court of Fey and Flowers and sort of assumed the set dressing were so over the top because they had no minis that season, but then they go ahead and give us giant, Polly Pocket, rotting, undead bear.

This was episode two! What the fuck are they going to do for the finale?