Today is the last day of Healthcare.gov open enrollment

I know @Remarkableriotswas needing coverage. Anybody else looking for insurance, it’s a great option. I just got my parents signed up for health insurance for the first time in their lives and after the credits a really good plan was only $150 per month for each of them. They have tools that you can even look up plans based on whether your doctor accepts them, and if particular medications you take are covered by the plan.

Even without any credits, I have a good plan from the marketplace that covers all my expensive diabetes management costs for around $500 a month (my out of pocket would be closer to $4k monthly without insurance).

11 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Luckily I have insurance now because I couldn't afford the insulin without it. It would of cost over $1k last time I picked up some. I also got a new Dr almost next door to my new apartment.

Fantastic! Have you had your a1c checked recently? Any improvement in how you’ve been feeling now that you’re getting proper care?

5 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I know @Remarkableriotswas needing coverage. Anybody else looking for insurance, it’s a great option. I just got my parents signed up for health insurance for the first time in their lives and after the credits a really good plan was only $150 per month for each of them. They have tools that you can even look up plans based on whether your doctor accepts them, and if particular medications you take are covered by the plan.

Even without any credits, I have a good plan from the marketplace that covers all my expensive diabetes management costs for around $500 a month (my out of pocket would be closer to $4k monthly without insurance).

Thanks filled mine out looks like I may qualify for Medicaid. 

I've been on the marketplace for the last 4 years.  Never had a complaint.  The only time you might run into trouble is if your yearly income ends up being much higher than what you originally reported. Like if you say you make $30,000 a year but you end up making more you may end up owing something at tax time.  It's usually no problem but my tax guy said he's had plenty of people screw it up. Like a person might qualify for free coverage but half way through the year they get a great paying job and never update that info on the marketplace.