Max Presents: Killer Instinct Lives Powered by Twitch Rivals [February 1, 4PM pst]

Keyser_Soze

If you were unaware (and I'm sure you were) back in November Max was able to partner up with Twitch Rivals to revive Marvel vs Capcom 3 and they held an online tournament that was actually pretty hype. Even Yipes and Steve were calling the game.

So it looks like they're going to do it again this time for Killer Instinct. KI is pretty fun to watch so be sure to tune in if you're interested!

So, I'm sure he'll put a video up about this later but if you're not interested in any way about the fighting portion of the game they are going to put documentary style pieces in between some of the matches.

If you had watched the MVC3 tournament he put assist me skits between some of the matches. In this version those will be replaced with doc style stuff, like he said Mick Gordon would be in it.

I guess the documentary style stuff is from Hold Back to Block who released a KI documentary last year, and these new tidbits are from stuff he didn't include in that

16 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Really good stuff, KI is my least favorite FG but glad to see Max running this.

I really like a lot of the concepts of Killer Instinct, at least the new one. How all the characters have some sort of special gimmick, like Fulgore's reactor gauge or Hisako's Wrath meter. So it makes it more interesting for me over more popular fighting games. I think if it was old KI yeah I probably wouldn't have cared but the new one is really cool. (also free by the way!)

@SimpleG I think I've linked to this before but I was really rooting for Wheels. If you didn't know he is disabled, has spinal muscular atrophy, but plays amazing.

0db817eb3be2b8a19dc2a7c696e0a088
SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

Dayton “Wheels” Jones has qualified for two Killer Instinct World Cups (a 32-player finale to the Killer Instinct Ultra Tour similar to Capcom Cup and the Capcom Pro Tour) and has finished in numerous top 8s at major tournaments, including a dramatic second place finish at Combo Breaker 2017. A 22-year-old from Milwaukee, Wisconsin Wheels found his calling in competitive fighting games.

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I really like a lot of the concepts of Killer Instinct, at least the new one. How all the characters have some sort of special gimmick, like Fulgore's reactor gauge or Hisako's Wrath meter. So it makes it more interesting for me over more popular fighting games. I think if it was old KI yeah I probably wouldn't have cared but the new one is really cool. (also free by the way!)

@SimpleG I think I've linked to this before but I was really rooting for Wheels. If you didn't know he is disabled, has spinal muscular atrophy, but plays amazing.

0db817eb3be2b8a19dc2a7c696e0a088
SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

Dayton “Wheels” Jones has qualified for two Killer Instinct World Cups (a 32-player finale to the Killer Instinct Ultra Tour similar to Capcom Cup and the Capcom Pro Tour) and has finished in numerous top 8s at major tournaments, including a dramatic second place finish at Combo Breaker 2017. A 22-year-old from Milwaukee, Wisconsin Wheels found his calling in competitive fighting games.

I know who he is , hes the only KI player I know by name, the man is god tier.

• Shocked 1