Looking for a replacement monitor ~$150

So long story short, there's an issue with the power supply for my monitor.  Basically any slight movement and the monitor loses power from the cable.  I'm okay with buying a new monitor since this monitor itself is a relic of last decade, around 2011 when I had it, unless you guys can see where I can buy a replacement power cable for cheap.

Nothing special, 1080, 60hz is something I can tolerate.  It's a spare monitor, unless you want me to get a new monitor and use my asus as a secondary monitor instead. Reference to what the secondary monitor was.

Edit: Okay, I should be a bit more clear.  Something that is up to date with current monitor standards for 2020ish, and definitely not something that still uses VGA.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-S230HL-23-Inch-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/B005Q5F7KM

1 minute ago, Nokt said:

I've always liked HP for my second monitor. Slim, small bezels, little footprint. I only use my second monitor for like watching twitch while I game or discord.

https://www.amazon.com/HP-23-8-inch-Monitor-Built-24ea/dp/B01L73OEOG/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=HP+24f+Display&qid=1587797151&sr=8-4

Any way I can get something better or updated to current monitor standards?  60 hz and VGA seem really antiquated.

Sorry if I'm being a little nitpicky.

56 minutes ago, darkness35 said:

Any way I can get something better or updated to current monitor standards?  60 hz and VGA seem really antiquated.

Sorry if I'm being a little nitpicky.

Really depends on what you’re using this second monitor for. Didn’t seem like you needed anything special so I went for aesthetic rather than a spec sheet. It’s still a good IPS panel with an hdmi port.

Are you using it for gaming, need a good color reproduction, viewing angles, need a second hdmi port?

19 minutes ago, darkness35 said:

I’ve never used spectre, but 1ms means it’s a TN panel which doesn’t look as good as IPS, it also doesn’t have good viewing angles. 

3 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Really depends on what you’re using this second monitor for. Didn’t seem like you needed anything special so I went for aesthetic rather than a spec sheet. It’s still a good IPS panel. 

Are you using it for gaming, need a good color reproduction, viewing angles, need a second hdmi port?

I’ve never used spectre, but 1ms means it’s a TN panel which doesn’t look as good as IPS, it also doesn’t have good viewing angles. 

So if I were to replace the secondary monitor, I could just buy a new monitor and replace this current primary monitor as a secondary monitor.  So, as a primary monitor, I would ideally use this for gaming.

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VS248H-P-1920x1080-Back-lit-Monitor/dp/B0058UUR6E/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=asus+v247&qid=1587800739&s=electronics&sr=1-1

This monitor is my current primary monitor.  I'm using the DVI port right now.

28 minutes ago, darkness35 said:

So if I were to replace the secondary monitor, I could just buy a new monitor and replace this current primary monitor as a secondary monitor.  So, as a primary monitor, I would ideally use this for gaming.

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VS248H-P-1920x1080-Back-lit-Monitor/dp/B0058UUR6E/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=asus+v247&qid=1587800739&s=electronics&sr=1-1

This monitor is my current primary monitor.  I'm using the DVI port right now.

Not a huge selection of monitor in that price range that are in stock, but I'll post a couple that I can find. I've only had experience with MSI's monitors and they were okay.

Personally prefer VA as it doesn't suffer from IPS glow, great for dark rooms. Worse color reproduction, sameish viewing angles, and better contrast than IPS. Some panels can suffer from ghosting though.

IPS has best color reproduction, best viewing angles, most popular panel by far.

TN is the worst of the 3. Most people would agree that the difference between 1ms and 5ms is negligible, but you know what you want so if its worth it to you go for it.

MSI OPTIXG24C4 - 24 inch, VA panel, 144hz, curved, $179

Acer ED24QR - 24 inch, VA panel, 144hz, curved, $150

Acer VG270 - 27 inch, IPS panel, 144hz, $200

MSI OptixG241 - 24 inch, IPS panel, 144hz, $189

Lenovo D24F - 24 inch, TN panel, 144hz, $159