FL GOP Chair Christian Ziegler, whose wife helped found Moms for Liberty, is being investigated for rape and likes ménage à trois

WWW.POLITICO.COM

Christian Ziegler has denied any wrongdoing.

WWW.ORLANDOSENTINEL.COM

Gov. Ron DeSantis called the sexual battery allegations against state Republican Party chair Christian Ziegler were “serious” and said Ziegler should resign.

Ziegler and the woman who he'd known for 20 years agreed to have a sexual encounter including his wife on Oct. 2, but the woman canceled when she learned Bridget was unable to make it, police said in the affidavit.

The woman told detectives she opened her door to walk her dog and Ziegler entered her apartment and sexually assaulted her, the affidavit states.

"The victim advised Christian did not wear a condom, and he stated 'I'm leaving the same way I came in,'" the affidavit states.

Ziegler was on surveillance footage visiting the apartment, police said in the affidavit.

Ziegler told detectives in an interview with his attorney present he had consensual sex with the woman and took video of it, initially deleting it but then uploading it to his Google Drive since the allegation, according to the affidavit. Police said in the affidavit that they have not located the footage.

Bridget Ziegler told detectives she was involved in a sexual encounter with her husband and the woman once over a year ago, the affidavit states.

Christian Ziegler is facing calls to resign from both Gov. Ron DeSantis and Nikki Fried, chairwoman of the Florida Democratic Party.

"I don't see how he can continue with that investigation ongoing given the gravity of those situations," DeSantis told reporters following his Georgia debate with California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Thursday, according to NBC News. "And so I think he should step aside. I think he should tend to that."

A heavily redacted Sarasota Police report released Thursday offered few details but included an accusation from a person who reported being "sexually battered" in an Oct. 2 incident at a home in Sarasota.

The redacted police report does not mention Ziegler by name but was released in response to questions about a complaint filed against him.

Although "innocent until proven guilty," the GOP cannot have a party chair "under that type of scrutiny," DeSantis said.

WWW.ABCACTIONNEWS.COM

Court records detail how a woman said Florida GOP Chair Christian Ziegler raped her. The woman reportedly has sex with Ziegler and his wife, Sarasota School Board Member Bridget Ziegler.

The woman, who has been friends with Ziegler for an extended period of time — reported the sexual assault to Sarasota Police on Oct. 4.

Ziegler and his wife — Sarasota School Board Member Bridget Ziegler who helped found Moms of Liberty — had made plans to have sex with the woman two days before, according to the affidavit. But when Ziegler's wife could not make it at last minute, the other woman canceled responding in text message, "Sorry I was mostly in for her."

"Christian entered the apartment, bent the victim over the bar stool" and raped her, Det. Angela Cox wrote in the affidavit.

The victim told detectives that Ziegler didn't wear a condom and told her, "I'm leaving the same way I came in."

• SaysWho? changed the title to FL GOP Chair Christian Ziegler, whose wife helped found Moms for Liberty, is being investigated for rape and likes ménage à trois

DeSantis, Rick Scott, the entire cabinet, and the Florida House and Senate leaders have all called for Zeigler to step down.

THEHILL.COM

px-captcha

Also:

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Allegations against Florida Republican Party Chairman Christian Ziegler, whose wife is a Moms for Liberty co-founder, have created tensions in the conservative powerhouse group.

Sarasota Republican Party is calling on him to resign. That's significant because Ziegler used to be a Sarasota County Commissioner:

SARASOTA, Fla. (Dec. 6, 2023) Republican Party of Sarasota County Chairman Jack Brill issued the following statement today:

“Given the increasing amount of evidence coming out on the allegations against Christian Ziegler, the Republican Party of Sarasota County believes that what is best for Sarasota County and Florida in this critical election cycle, is for Christian to step down as Chairman of the Republican Party of Florida, State Committeeman of the Republican Party of Sarasota County and a member of our Executive Committee.

“We want to see Christian given full due process of law in a timely fashion, but the moral failings outside of the criminal allegations require us to remind all of our community leaders that they are held to a higher standard.”