Question for iPhone users about call quality

DarkStar189

The iPhone 13 Pro was my first iPhone. Android all before that. My wife was all iPhone. I specifically remember when she got the 12 Pro I thought the call quality was atrocious. All this background noise being picked up on her end. She finally talked me into going Apple and I got the 13 pro. Never knew how bad i sounded talking to people until multiple people pointed it out. Like any noise in close proximity just seems to be amplified into the phone call. I was at a playground with my kids recently and my dad could make out kids screaming who were ridiculously far away (not exaggerating-like 75-100ft away at least). Said it sounded like they were right beside me screaming at the phone .A few months ago my wife’s phone died so she got the 14 Pro, surprise surprise still sounds bad. To be clear I’m talking phone only, no speakerphone and no Bluetooth headsets. Is this what everybody deals with when you have an iPhone?

26 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

The iPhone 13 Pro was my first iPhone. Android all before that. My wife was all iPhone. I specifically remember when she got the 12 Pro I thought the call quality was atrocious. All this background noise being picked up on her end. She finally talked me into going Apple and I got the 13 pro. Never knew how bad i sounded talking to people until multiple people pointed it out. Like any noise in close proximity just seems to be amplified into the phone call. I was at a playground with my kids recently and my dad could make out kids screaming who were ridiculously far away (not exaggerating-like 75-100ft away at least). Said it sounded like they were right beside me screaming at the phone .A few months ago my wife’s phone died so she got the 14 Pro, surprise surprise still sounds bad. To be clear I’m talking phone only, no speakerphone and no Bluetooth headsets. Is this what everybody deals with when you have an iPhone?

Not to be dismissive, but I never do phone calls where I hold the phone up and talk into it so I either can’t answer this question or I just answered this question.

@stepee I talk on it daily for work. I legit had people compliment how good I sounded on my old phone which was a Pixel 2 XL. Coming to Apple I’m just shocked if this is what they find acceptable. I’ve taken the case off which didn’t help. Made sure all the speaker ports/holes are gunk free. Searching online there was mention of an accessibility setting, under audio/video there was something about call mic isolation but the option is no longer there. 

2 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

@stepee I talk on it daily for work. I legit had people compliment how good I sounded on my old phone which was a Pixel 2 XL. Coming to Apple I’m just shocked if this is what they find acceptable. I’ve taken the case off which didn’t help. Made sure all the speaker ports/holes are gunk free. Searching online there was mention of an accessibility setting, under audio/video there was something about call mic isolation but the option is no longer there. 

Oh I believe you, I’ve just havent talked that way myself on one in ages so I wouldn’t be able to comment on its quality. I talked for work every day on it using airpods in a support and managerial role and never had any complaints from clients or management. I’m not often talking in busy areas either though.