SF Art gallery owner frustrated with homeless

Remarkableriots

29 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I think the underlying assumption to my post is that few would say no to safe and easily accessible/nearby shelters as I alluded to there are valid reasons for not going to a shelter 

This presupposes the affected population groups are making right-minded risk assessments. It is a dubious claim that sleeping on the street is safer than the average shelter. The last data I recall showed exposure to weather being the number 1 cause of death for homeless people.

Weather may be the number one cause of death but you are also more likely to die due to weather if you are are not staying in a shelter for fear of safety. 

But yes we need both better shelters and more of them along with all the other services needed.

The population I have no idea what to do to help are the really out there people that are disruptive and cannot be reasoned with due to legit mental health issues that that you then can’t treat. I’m not sure if there is a pleasant answer for that. They don’t exist in the same reality so it really would have to be case by case. Like assign them someone who tries to work with them and find out the best way for them to co-exist but then I have no idea what those options would be. But maga people don’t exist in the same reality and are more dangerous than homeless people with mental health issues and we let them walk around so whatevs.