Feather Alert is now a thing in California and I am 🙃

On 1/3/2023 at 1:36 PM, Xbob42 said:

Would be kind of a buttfucking stupid system if it didn't issue an emergency alert until people were awake. Can you imagine explaining to a parent that their missing child alert won't be sent out until 10am because it was really inconvenient of their kid to get kidnapped at 4. Minutes can literally make the difference between life or death here. Boohoo, you got woken up for 20 seconds, how will you ever fuckin' recover?

I wasn't able to go back to sleep and it fucked up my work day. I cant help someone while IM SLEEPING.

Now with that said, Im not against them sending the alert nor did I care. BUT if my phone is in SLEEP mode and DO NOT DISTURB mode and these phones can sense when your moving, been in an accident, etc. THEN IT SHOULD KNOW IM SLEEPING AND NOT GETTING OUT OF BED TO DRIVE UP AND DOWN 295 LOOKING FOR SOME KID BECAUSE ITS PARENTS ARE ASSHOLES AND CANT GET ALONG. 

1 hour ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

I wasn't able to go back to sleep and it fucked up my work day. I cant help someone while IM SLEEPING.

Sister that sounds like a you problem. How the hell can't you get back to sleep? I get woken up by random shit all the time. You live in some sort of protective bubble of absolute silence or something? 

Anyway if it's that big of a deal put your phone in another room or something.