Variety: Disney Delays ‘Doctor Strange,’ ‘Thor 4,’ ‘Black Panther’ Sequel and ‘Indiana Jones 5’

Brian

Yeah, these are production delay related reshuffles. Still a lot of backlog in both production and post for Hollywood due to Covid. We will see plenty more of this over the next 18 months.

So I have to ask: Was this at all having to do with the IATSE ruling? Like it reeks of "we've long since done the logistics on what the "right thing" would look like & cost but since we never had to, we didn't. Now that we have, well we're Disney so we are absolutely putting the right foot forward & showing how much better WE are by immediately shifting our entire release slate to accommodate the new ruling." Meanwhile it reeks of awfulness on their part as being the first to do just this, showing the very point that IATSE had of "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! GIVE US WHAT WE NOT ONLY WANT BUT NEED!" and more people aren't looking at it in this light ... or am I so totally off my rocker here?