NDP has more leverage with Libs because the Bloc not a national party: Singh

NDP has more leverage with Libs because the Bloc not a national party: Singh

"If they want to pass something national that really benefits all Canadians, they've got really two options for a national party. They can choose to work with the Conservatives or they can work with us," he said.

"If they want to pass a bill they need to work with a party. If they want to pass a bill that's progressive, that puts in place something that's national, something that benefits all Canadians, they have to work with New Democrats."

"I want to be constructive, but by no means does that mean I'm beholden in any way to working with the Liberals. I have a job, which is to fight for Canadians, and that means fighting for better health care, fighting for better housing, fighting for Indigenous communities. I'm going to do that and I'm not worried about having to do something because of any political exigency, I want to do this because it matters to people and I'm ready to do that."

The reality of having a minority government is about to become very apparent to Justin Trudeau.  I would be surprise if there isn't another election in 2020.