Baz Luhrmann Recuts His 2008 Film Australia Into A TV Miniseries Called Faraway Downs

I know writer/director Baz Luhrmann (Strictly Ballroom, Romeo + Juliet, Moulin Rouge, Australia, The Great Gatsby, and Elvis) had announced a few years ago that he would be taking his 2008 film Australia (which did okay but flopped ultimately at the box office) and re-editing it into a 6-part miniseries for Hulu called Faraway Downs. Well, it's finally arrived - Hulu has dropped a trailer and the miniseries drops on November 26. I always felt there was a good film lurking in Australia, whose biggest problem was it felt too short and truncated for the epic scale it was going for. Not sure if there are any Baz Luhrmann fans around but this is an interesting project, like when Terrence Malick took his film The Tree of Life and made an experimental documentary five years after The Tree of Life's release into two documentaries, a shorter 40-minute IMAX one narrated by Brad Pitt and a longer feature length 90 minute one (in 35mm) narrated by Cate Blanchett called Voyage in Time. I'll definitely be checking this out, then rewatching the film Australia afterward to see how the two compare.

• Greatoneshere changed the title to Baz Luhrmann Recuts His 2008 Film Australia Into A TV Miniseries Called Faraway Downs