Largest strike in Canada's history comes to an end with deal between unions and government

Treasury Board and CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) workers have been on strike for a few weeks, but it looks like both groups have negotiated settlements:

CRA:

WWW.BNNBLOOMBERG.CA

The public-sector union representing Canada Revenue Agency employees has struck a tentative deal with the federal government, ending a strike of 35,000 workers just after the tax season wrapped up.

Treasury Board/other:

5000.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Country’s largest public sector strike in history ends with most set to return but over 35,000 revenue agency workers still negotiating

12.6% wage increase over 3 years, plus a one-time $2,500 contribution to each member's pension for both unions. The government had initially offered 9% over 3 years, and the union wanted 20%. 

In a statement, PSAC said the tentative deal includes wage increases totalling 12.6 per cent compounded over the life of the agreement from 2021-2024, as well as an additional fourth year in the agreement that protects workers from inflation. The tentative agreement also includes a pensionable $2,500 one-time lump sum payment that represents an additional 3.6 per cent of salary for the average member.

Not a horrible deal, but also not matching inflation. I will be curious what my own province does with the teacher contract this year (my wages are tied to the provincial teacher union agreement). Last contract was 0-2-2, and I expect they will ask for 5-5-5 or something similar this time.