Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse

across-the-spider-verse-score.jpg
WWW.CBR.COM

A source close to Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse alleges the film's sequel, Beyond the Spider-Verse, will miss its March 2024 premiere date.

The animator, quoted under the pseudonym 'Stephen,' claimed that the third Spider-Verse installment was at risk of missing its March 29, 2024, premiere date in an interview with Vulture. "They’ve announced that Beyond the Spider-Verse will be released in March of next year," he said. "I've seen people say, 'Oh, they probably worked on it at the same time.' There’s no way that movie’s coming out then. There's been progress on the pre-production side of things. But as far as the production side goes, the only progress that's been made on the third one is any exploration or tests that were done before the movie was split into two parts."

Seems like the release date is far too soon if they haven't done much on the movie yet.

No need to rush it considering how much the first two movies have made at the box office IMO.

spider-man-across-the-spider-verse-2023-
COLLIDER.COM

Will it be possible for Miles Morales to return to the big screen next year?

During a recent interview with ComicBook, Phil Lord and Chris Miller, the producers behind the animated franchise, stated that the story they're trying to tell is the priority:

I would say that just like we're going to take the time necessary to make Beyond the Spider-Verse great, and we won't back into a release date that doesn't fit.

• 3 weeks later...
spider-verse-3-release_dbGTMMT.jpg
THEDIRECT.COM

Across the Spider-Verse might not get a resolution for a long while.

“Animated features aiming for 2024 release, however, might be more likely to be at a point in the production where actors would be needed to record final dialogue. Movies slated for a 2024 release include Kung Fu Panda 4 (March 8), Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse on June 3, (though that was already likely to shift, even before the strike), Despicable Me 4 (July 3) and Transformers One (Sept. 13).”

“They’ve announced that Beyond the Spider-Verse will be released in March of next year. I’ve seen people say, ‘Oh, they probably worked on it at the same time.’ There’s no way that movie’s coming out then... There’s been progress on the pre-production side of things. But as far as the production side goes, the only progress that’s been made on the third one is any exploration or tests that were done before the movie was split into two parts.”

spider-verse-3-release_O57zfxC.jpg
THEDIRECT.COM

Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse just got a promising update from one of its leading stars.

"Here’s what I can promise, and I said it about the second one when we were in the middle of it: Phil Lord, Chris Miller, everybody, the producers on this, the directors they’re going to bring in ... What they did on the first one is all the directors became executive producers. So they just keep adding to it. What I can promise is they are not going to stop until it’s excellent. 

"And if that means it takes a little bit longer, if that means it’s even bigger, if that means it’s longer -- they don’t play by anybody’s rules. They work really hard. As actors in it, we’re always shocked that we get called in to record on this last one. I think it was a month before it screened, where we could not believe we were still recording. So they’re not going to quit until it’s great and I have nothing but faith in them. But in terms of giving anything away [about the story], can’t do it."