Jump to content

Am I the only person playing Realm Royale?


misfit410
 Share

Recommended Posts

Game appears to be growing quite well, all of my favorite Overwatch pros have moved to it almost exclusively so I can't be alone in thinking the game is incredible.

I loved PUBG but felt it performed like dookie and trying to play it on a laptop was pretty much a no go,  Fortnite came around and I loved how it performed and looked I just HATE the building and it annoyed me enough to make me check out something else to get my fix.

 

I enjoyed Paladins even if it was a poor mans overwatch but upon hopping into Realm Royale (that was originally Paladins Realm Royale) it's clear all of their resources are going into this game, it's polished, well designed and a ton of fun IMO.  The Class System with Abilities and ability to craft legendary weapons unique to your class give it a unique feel and it helps keep the action going because people don't just move to the next safe zone they move to the nearest forge to improve their gear (and you're going to do better by engaging as you need to kill people to collect the Chicken Trophies you need to craft a legendary class weapon, as well as enough shards by breaking down loot you don't need, to get enough you're either going to have to scour an entire village or kill 1-2 people and destroy their stuff).

 

I'm having a blast solo but I'm hoping to build up a list of people who play as Duos are where it's at and my friends seem to be interested but getting them to actually download and try it has been a chore,  I've started twitch streaming even though I have  a face that's only fit for Radio and a Voice that's only fit for print... but I had a good run last night so if you want to see how it plays, check it out.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It interests me, but I'm having an absolute blast with Fortnite right now.  I only have so many gaming hours and between all the single play console stuff I am working on (God of War, Octopath Traveler, I am Setsuna, and now Tales of Zestiria) I don't want to splt the time up more with another Battle Royale.  I'll download it and give it a try because I've only heard good things though.  I just can't promise I can invest any real time into it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You should check it out, it's free and there are two things that put it above others that make it a bit more started friendly.

There is a Training Deathmatch mode that lets you respawn and get a feel for the game (it was taken out in the last patch because they are reworking it but it will be back soon) and secondly while the down mechanic exists in other BR games it's reserved for Team play and a team member has to revive you, in this one you get 3 chickens and when they down you they have to also kill your chicken form which you have control of, if you can pull off an escape and evade them for 20 seconds you will be revived (it's rare you can survive as they will hunt you down but I have managed to pull it off 2-3 times)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Fortnite but without the shitty building mechanic.

I didn't like the building mechanic at first.  But once you have the basic structures down it's not bad.  Actually makes for some really fun exchanges.

 

I'll download Realm Royale tonight and give it a shot this weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

It's coming to Xbox One soon. I'm intrigued. It lookslike Fortnite but without the shitty building mechanic. I'll have to check it out before all the 9 year olds fuck it up.

 

 

That's my feelings, I HATE the building in FN.

I also think the mounts on demand make getting around better and keep the pace up a bit

To me the big difference is the classes and abilities that just makes it more interesting, you need different tactics depending on what class you are up against.

 

Also another good move they did was Paladins made you sign up for a High Res account, RR just uses Steam and your Steam friends list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, misfit410 said:

To me the big difference is the classes and abilities that just makes it more interesting, you need different tactics depending on what class you are up against.

There's classes?  Public multi games with classes often run into balance issues.  Any risk of that here?  Concern over one class with a competitive advantage based on abilities becoming preferred?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Slug said:

There's classes?  Public multi games with classes often run into balance issues.  Any risk of that here?  Concern over one class with a competitive advantage based on abilities becoming preferred?

 

There are minor advantages early on, an example would be hunters can roll, assassins can blink (shoot forward even through a small opening), and Mages can fly like superman for about 3-4 seconds...  if two people land outside of a house and rush for the weapons those 3 will get there faster with that built in ability,  Warriors and Engineers jump REALLY high so they can't rush in for the weapons but if they choose to land in an area with two story buildings they can immediate get up to a balcony and get to goods faster.. so it does mostly balance out.

 

Now later game once you're decked out with your special weapons it depends on proximity,  Assassins and Hunters and Mages will be better fighting with some distance as Hunter gets a bow, Assassin a Sniper Rifle and the Mage a Staff (they are elemental so the element they get from the forge randomly also impacts the amount and type of damage).  The Engineer and Warrior are much more in your face fighters, Warrior gets a throwing axe and Engie a plasma cannon that does is much like a grenade launcher.   Overall it will come down to skill, timing and how you approach the situation and any minor imbalance that exists is pretty much nullified by skill.   The Hunter is considered the weakest by far yet all of my wins have been with her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, so I gave it a shot.  It's fun, which is what's important. Weapon controls seem to be pretty spot on.  Not a lot of variation from your cross-hairs.  Feels good.  I like the variation of the abilities.  So far I'm liking the engineer the best (turret++).  Overall it's pretty fun and I'll absolutely be down to play if someone wants to, or if I'm done my Fortnite challenges for the week and looking to slow down and get a change of pace.  I enjoyed it.

 

That said:

 

- I wish there was more cover in the wilds.  If you're in the open and seen first it's pretty much over.

- Everyone's normal jump feels like it's juuuuust a hair too low.  Like..these are fit warriors.  I should be able to jump up something that's at thigh-level.  Shit, I'm fat and out of shape and I can do that IRL.

- I hate the chicken mechanic.  Just let me die.  I have revived from chicken a few times, but those times aren't worth all the times I could've either (a) gotten into a new queue faster or (b) not had to sit there while some kid teabagged my chicken.

- I'm not experienced enough to talk about balance yet, but there definitely seems to be some class abilities (and class weapons) that are better than others.  I'm sure they'll tweak these though.

- The forge mechanic is...interesting, but I'm not a fan.  I mean..it's not bad.  But it's too slow maybe?  Battle Royale games are about surviving.  Summoning all the players in the vicinity to your location is kind of counter to that goal.  I've had to fight off multiple enemies every time I've used a forge.

- $35 for the Battle Pass?  Noooooope.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Slug said:

- I hate the chicken mechanic.  Just let me die.  I have revived from chicken a few times, but those times aren't worth all the times I could've either (a) gotten into a new queue faster or (b) not had to sit there while some kid teabagged my chicken.

 

If you turn into a chicken and want to die then quit and queue another game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On August 3, 2018 at 9:03 AM, misfit410 said:

Game appears to be growing quite well, all of my favorite Overwatch pros have moved to it almost exclusively so I can't be alone in thinking the game is incredible.

I loved PUBG but felt it performed like dookie and trying to play it on a laptop was pretty much a no go,  Fortnite came around and I loved how it performed and looked I just HATE the building and it annoyed me enough to make me check out something else to get my fix.

 

I enjoyed Paladins even if it was a poor mans overwatch but upon hopping into Realm Royale (that was originally Paladins Realm Royale) it's clear all of their resources are going into this game, it's polished, well designed and a ton of fun IMO.  The Class System with Abilities and ability to craft legendary weapons unique to your class give it a unique feel and it helps keep the action going because people don't just move to the next safe zone they move to the nearest forge to improve their gear (and you're going to do better by engaging as you need to kill people to collect the Chicken Trophies you need to craft a legendary class weapon, as well as enough shards by breaking down loot you don't need, to get enough you're either going to have to scour an entire village or kill 1-2 people and destroy their stuff).

 

I'm having a blast solo but I'm hoping to build up a list of people who play as Duos are where it's at and my friends seem to be interested but getting them to actually download and try it has been a chore,  I've started twitch streaming even though I have  a face that's only fit for Radio and a Voice that's only fit for print... but I had a good run last night so if you want to see how it plays, check it out.

 

 

 

Misfit, every time I come across it on mixer I usually watch it fo a few minutes.  I like the game and I like the look of the game...and frankly (maybe weirdly) I like the streams better in RR than I do PUBG or Fortnite.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

Pretty sure he changed it before the boards got eaten.

 

 

If I didn't see it, KS, then it didn't happen.  That's the way life works. *

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(*  That isn't even remotely close to how life works.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, BuckFly said:

Unrelated to the topic.  Leon, to my memory you have never changed your avatar.

 

I love it, man.  Always have, always will.

I had a couple different Eeyore avatars, probably for a good 2 years. But yeah, once the boards came back I went back to the classic. I’m glad you like it. It always makes me smile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I had a couple different Eeyore avatars, probably for a good 2 years. But yeah, once the boards came back I went back to the classic. I’m glad you like it. It always makes me smile.

 

 

So stiff.

 

So unnatural.

 

So uncomfortable.

 

...it's mesmerizing.  I asked you a few years back where it is from and you said it was from the Rebecca Black "Friday" video.  I then went to see if it had been doctored at all.

 

...it wasn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...