The dueling town halls -- Joe Biden on ABC and Donald Trump on NBC, starting at 8pm Eastern (Biden's is 90 minutes, Trump's is 60)

image.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

Two of the questioners at the ABC town hall featuring Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden on Thursday had ties to high-profile Democratic politicians, including one who previously worked as a speechwriter in the Obama administration. 

I mean, why even do this? Surely you had to know the info would leak and now we're going to have to listen to Trump and the entire right wing media have a total meltdown over this... and for what? What's the benefit?

I also love how they are saying that the entire town hall was rigged because that moderator guy screwed up in his DM to the Mooch with the super, unbelievably aweul tweet of... "Should I respond to Trump" WOW! The whole thing is a sham!

At any rate, these are unforced errors and very stupid things to be doing.

I know it doesn't matter, but look at Fox News dot com right now... it's blowing up all over the place. Anything that gives them any reason to point their bony finger and go, SEE LOOK LOOK! is bad at this point.

It's sloppy stupid crap from ABC.

2 minutes ago, ort said:

I know it doesn't matter, but look at Fox News dot com right now... it's blowing up all over the place. Anything that gives them any reason to point their bony finger and go, SEE LOOK LOOK! is bad at this point.

It's sloppy stupid crap from ABC.

It’s not going to change anyone’s minds. People who watch Fox News are voting for Trump regardless.

1 minute ago, Uaarkson said:

It’s not going to change anyone’s minds. People who watch Fox News are voting for Trump regardless.

I supposed you could have some fence sitters swayed by seeing this on Fox...but honestly I think it still comes back to, Fox would have just made something up if this hadn't happened.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

I supposed you could have some fence sitters swayed by seeing this on Fox...but honestly I think it still comes back to, Fox would have just made something up if this hadn't happened.

Exactly. Fox News has been crying wolf for 30 years, and no one is buying it anymore except for stupid old white people who will be dead soon.

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

It’s kinda bugging me that SNL has been a little “both sides-y” in their portrayal of Biden; they make Biden look basically senile and that Kamala is who we’re really voting for.

It’s comedy, not news. The whole “don’t make fun of my side” bit is a bit childish. The writers and comedians at snl are there to be funny, not political entities. 

13 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

It’s comedy, not news. The whole “don’t make fun of my side” bit is a bit childish. The writers and comedians at snl are there to be funny, not political entities. 

Well they aren't funny either. 

There isn't any sort of biting criticism or deeper satire of politics coming from the writers of SNL. It's just taking the surface level things the entire country is aware of and regurgitating it. It's the Family Guy school of comedy. "I recognize this reference, therefore it is funny."

I'm no big brain comedy writer, but characters repeating things that happened the previous week verbatim ("Would you shut up, man!") as an applause line or having the character be transparently self aware of their flaws through the lines they read ("I'm not a crazy uncle, but this is a preview of Thanksgiving dinner") just isn't funny. 

1 minute ago, CayceG said:

There isn't any sort of biting criticism or deeper satire of politics coming from the writers of SNL. It's just taking the surface level things the entire country is aware of and regurgitating it. It's the Family Guy school of comedy. "I recognize this reference, therefore it is funny."

I'm no big brain comedy writer, but characters repeating things that happened the previous week verbatim ("Would you shut up, man!") as an applause line or having the character be transparently self aware of their flaws through the lines they read ("I'm not a crazy uncle, but this is a preview of Thanksgiving dinner") just isn't funny. 

So do like most of us and don’t watch. They are allowed to do their show any way they want. I’m not for censorship by anyone. 

8 minutes ago, CayceG said:

okie dokie 👍🏻

9 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

All comedy should be like "The Death of Stalin".

I couldn’t believe how funny this movie was. Rupert Friend as Stalin’s crazy drunk son killed me, and then Jason Isaacs walks in as Zhukov and steals the movie. 

“That fucker thinks he can take on the Red Army? I fucked Germany, I think I can take a flesh lump in a fucking waist coat.”

• Haha 1