Showtime announces 10-episode revival of...Dexter

I believe I had previously said that I am going into this season with trepidatious optimism if not for anything else than the fact that I feel Michael C. Hall wants to have another crack at "doing it right" while also having not only a whole new location & set up, but also having Clancy Brown involved already helps cement a more lenient type of mentality of forgiving. 

I think what sets this apart from other shows that do revivals is that they're not doing it just to get popular again, and have a few extra seasons to milk out, they already had an ending, but they know they fucked it up, but since there was an opening to come back, they figured they should take it and do it right. I hope after all these years they can accomplish it. Imagine the success story it would be if it turns out to be a great season, and a great ending.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Can someone remind me what happened with the sister and the son? I did watch the whole series, but I don't remember how things were left.

Rita's kids? They went to go live with their grandparents so the writers wouldn't have to worry about them anymore and free up Dexter. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Brick said:

I remember you said you stopped watching after Season 3 (just before one of the best seasons in 4, damn it). Did you bother catching up, or just read/watch a synopsis? 

:shock: If you still haven’t seen season 4. I think I speak for all Dexter fans here that if you haven’t seen season 4 by now. You should give yourself a 2 day ban from the boards, AND WATCH THE FUCKING SEASON ALREADY!!!

But if you did watch it. Wasn’t that a fucking great season and will forgive you if you decide not to go any further after that.

• Like 1

So an easy way for Dexter, or Jim now, to get the trail further away from him would be to mention Matt's friend he met at the party that confessed to him that Matt was the one driving the boat that killed people, but would Dexter pin a murder on an innocent man? The guy would clearly become the number one suspect if Dexter mentioned him since he would have plenty of motive, and quite honestly probably would have eventually killed Matt in a fit of rage had Dexter not beaten him to the punch. 

21 hours ago, Brick said:

My girlfriend hasn't been watching it, but I was talking about the show with her, and she said she hopes they don't do the obvious and cliché thing of having Harrison kill Dexter. I hope not too. 

Yeah, that would be lame, but there are worse fates than death. I would argue there is a certain sense of poetic justice if Harrison kills Dexter the way Dexter has killed, but it is cliche.

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yeah, that would be lame, but there are worse fates than death. I would argue there is a certain sense of poetic justice if Harrison kills Dexter the way Dexter has killed, but it is cliche.

Given his actions this week, I'm wondering if Harrison has a darkness to him. He seems like a manipulator, and given his high intelligence would make sense. Seems like maybe his thing is getting other people to hurt or kill someone else. I can see him manipulating Ethan into killing one or more of the bullies. Maybe if he's too far gone to help, Dexter will have to kill Harrison. I also don't fully buy that Hannah died of cancer, or that she may even be dead at all. Perhaps Harrison had something to do with it. 

7 hours ago, Brick said:

Given his actions this week, I'm wondering if Harrison has a darkness to him. He seems like a manipulator, and given his high intelligence would make sense. Seems like maybe his thing is getting other people to hurt or kill someone else. I can see him manipulating Ethan into killing one or more of the bullies. Maybe if he's too far gone to help, Dexter will have to kill Harrison. I also don't fully buy that Hannah died of cancer, or that she may even be dead at all. Perhaps Harrison had something to do with it. 

Yeah - agreed. I'm not buying Hannah just died of cancer three years ago. Harrison definitely seems to have secrets.

58 minutes ago, Komusha said:

I’ve only seen the first five seasons. Do I need to catch up to understand this season?

It would certainly help, but you could just read a recap; it's not entirely necessary. Unless you want to experience just how bad season eight truly was lol. 

• Haha 1

So Harrison is pre-emptively killing people he thinks maybe will be killers? I'm betting he killed Hannah with that straight razor. 

Also Kurt seems to be the kidnap killer, which I figured since as much as they tried to hide it, I knew those were Clancy Brown's eyes in those close ups. It was either him or that billionaire guy.