Mass Effect: Legendary Edition officially announced for Spring 2021 release, new title in development

Commissar SFLUFAN

Just now, legend said:

I think I'm one of the few people who actually liked Andromeda.

Actually, I'm with you! Once they fixed the wonky animations, and I had a card that could run it properly, it turned out to be a real looker, and a fun ride! That said, was not a fan of the inventory system, specifically the crafting component. But the internet does not give second chances. 

3 minutes ago, legend said:

I think I'm one of the few people who actually liked Andromeda.

I personally really liked Andromeda.

I liked the feeling of progression on the planets themselves as you solved the things that were wrong with them.  I liked the exploring.  Loved the combat.

Was it as good as the original Tirlogy, of course not.  But it wasn't a bad game by any means.

Yeah Andromeda wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. The combat was pretty good. If they could put that combat and improve it and make another game not all janky at launch the franchise would be fine. 

I'll probably end up getting this. Been meaning to play through them again with X1 BC but keep hearing rumors about the remasters so I've been putting it off. 

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Andromeda had the best gameplay of the series... the ending sucked and being able to get access every ability on one playthrough was a mistake, but as usual the game was nowhere near as bad as game hating gamers made it out to be. I swear gaming is probably the one hobby where its biggest fans are also its biggest detractors :lol:

The internet is a harsh mistress! :p

The real problem with Andromeda is the world building and the writing. You go to a new galaxy and there’s only two new species and you only get to really talk to one of them. You don’t even see any quarians. The people in your crew are pretty boring as well. So even though it has the best gameplay, the game is pretty boring. I couldn’t even finish a second play through and I’ve played through the trilogy several times. The bugs and weird voice acting didn’t bother me. 

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I thought the series was already ruined... it's been ruined since the ending to the third game silly man.

I think the patched in ending makes it a lot better. Not perfect, but not the abomination that they released at first. 

I've said it before, and I'll say it again that Mass Effect 3 might be the best in the trilogy. Sure the ending is weaker than it should have been (I can make a whole page on how it could have been better), but it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to, especially not after the DLC and the fixes they made to the ending. People just got so emotional that they overreacted, and blew things out of proportion as is the Internet's wont to do. People also seem to forget that the game was rushed by EA, and should have come out in November, instead of March (the original release date was supposed to be holiday 2011 before it was delayed). Even a release of March of 2013 would have been fine. Fuck EA for not giving BioWare the proper amount of time needed to complete a trilogy with huge expectations. 

I can't speak to Andromeda because I haven't played it yet. Funnily enough I was talking about it yesterday with a friend because we remembered being excited for it before it came out. 

Not that I am going to buy the trilogy again anyways, but I saw on reddit that, supposedly, there are going to be significant changes to ME1 to make it more like the other games. I don't like the sound of that. What I really want is for them to retcon the ending and just make a new one. They could keep it mostly the same but combine green and red. 

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Not that I am going to buy the trilogy again anyways, but I saw on reddit that, supposedly, there are going to be significant changes to ME1 to make it more like the other games. I don't like the sound of that. What I really want is for them to retcon the ending and just make a new one. They could keep it mostly the same but combine green and red. 

There is only One, True, Legitimate ending: Control/Blue.

I wonder if N7 day is Nov. 7?  I wouldn't be interested in buying it until people have gotten their hands on it and I can hear what's improved.  I had reinstalled ME2 a few months back and downloaded a bunch of add-ons on it to improve the graphics, so we'll see if it's worth it.

5 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Green/Synthesis is absolutely the most "immoral" of all the endings, even moreso than Red/Destroy.

I fail to see how.

1 hour ago, Bitgod said:

I wonder if N7 day is Nov. 7?  I wouldn't be interested in buying it until people have gotten their hands on it and I can hear what's improved.  I had reinstalled ME2 a few months back and downloaded a bunch of add-ons on it to improve the graphics, so we'll see if it's worth it.

Yes N7 Day has always been November 7th for Mass Effect fans to celebrate each year. Hell Andromeda probably should have released on N7 Day since that was a Tuesday back in 2017.

Add-ons? Does the trilogy support mods?