Moving soon! Need some advice on TV transport

I live in Eastern Washington, and I was just offered an excellent position with a new company in Boise Idaho. We have settled on moving near Ontario Oregon for now, as it's only 45 minutes away from work & it won't be as overwhelming for the kiddies (we live in a town of 900 right now, so we don't want to kill them with too much culture shock lol). 

Anyway, I am needing some advice! I have a 65" KS8000 Samsung 4K, and a 55" Samsung LCD. I have zero clue how to transport these without damage. I know that I don't want them in the back of a U-Haul, and I also do not have the original boxes or packaging they came in. The move is around 350 miles away. 

What do you guys think? I was thinking of standing them up in the back of the SUV (bottoms going where the legroom is) to try to minimize bumps & jostling, but I don't know what to use to keep the screens from getting scratched. I can't afford pro movers either, so that's out. Have any of you moved tv's long distance? Any tips? 

27 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Just put a blanket over it to protect the screen and it should be fine.

Congrats on the job!

Thanks, I'm pretty excited about it. I've been in my current job for 8 years, and I've hit a ceiling. Very excited for a new opportunity! 

What kind of blanket would you suggest? I imagine a super soft one? 

On 8/2/2018 at 3:21 PM, TheRealSmallville said:

I live in Eastern Washington, and I was just offered an excellent position with a new company in Boise Idaho. We have settled on moving near Ontario Oregon for now, as it's only 45 minutes away from work & it won't be as overwhelming for the kiddies (we live in a town of 900 right now, so we don't want to kill them with too much culture shock lol). 

I never thought I'd live to see the day where moving to Boise would be described as culture shock. Lol.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I never thought I'd live to see the day where moving to Boise would be described as culture shock. Lol.

:lol: I had a hard time typing that, actually lol 

I enjoy Boise quite a bit, it's a nice little area. Much bigger population than the 900 people we live around currently, though. Wanted to make it easy on them with new schools and all that. 

5 hours ago, TheRealSmallville said:

:p But seriously, this is AWESOME! I did not know these existed...hell yeah. Thank you! 

:thumbup:The only reason I knew about that offhand is because I saw the movers who did my DC->Santa Monica move put my TV into one of those boxes.

4 hours ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

Goat Simulator has gained sentience.