‘Supergirl’ To End With Upcoming Season 6 On The CW

Jason

1 hour ago, Dre801 said:

I checked out at some point in Season 3.

Season 4 was very very good. IIRC season 3 probably got fucked by Kreisberg getting fired, it started strong and then just fell apart in the second half, which would make sense if it was about not wanting to use any of his material so they didn't have to credit or pay him. You can kind of tell toward the end of the season that they checked out on trying to salvage the dumpster fire it turned into and focused on just teeing up better things for the following season (which really paid off).

Season 5 was then a much more mixed bag. But I'd definitely recommend at least watching season 4 on Netflix, even if you just skip past whatever parts of season 3 you had left.

44 minutes ago, silentbob said:

You wonder if she will show up on their new Superman show or say goodbye and hop into the future to join the Justice Society (maybe head into a new series)

She just had a kid, so it stands to reason that's a big part of why she decided to pull the plug instead of renewing her contract. I've seen that making these Arrowverse shows winds up dominating the life of everyone involved for something crazy like 7 months out of theyear. So it seems really unlikely she'd join up as a main on a new series right away. Plus if her primary residence is Los Angeles I'm sure not wanting to be flying back and forth to Vancouver with a young kid and COVID uncertainty played a part.

It'd definitely be surprising if she just doesn't ever show up at all on the Superman show, though.

On 10/11/2020 at 4:03 PM, Jason said:

She just had a kid, so it stands to reason that's a big part of why she decided to pull the plug instead of renewing her contract. I've seen that making these Arrowverse shows winds up dominating the life of everyone involved for something crazy like 7 months out of theyear. So it seems really unlikely she'd join up as a main on a new series right away. Plus if her primary residence is Los Angeles I'm sure not wanting to be flying back and forth to Vancouver with a young kid and COVID uncertainty played a part.

It'd definitely be surprising if she just doesn't ever show up at all on the Superman show, though.

Here I am like a stooge having my work dominate my life for like 12 months out of the year.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1