The Expanse Season Five Trailer

46 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hide contents

I thought filming was done before Cas Anvar was fired? Did they bring people in for reshoots, or did they already know that he MAY be fired during filming pending their investigation, and shoot alternate versions of the episode post-rescue in order to hedge their bets? 

My understanding was they did additional shooting post-his line in that episode. It's pretty clear it was retroactive as I understand it. :)

excellent breakdown of the battles in the finale, the show makers put in a some quality details that you probably wouldn't notice in anything but slow motion. Their adherence to the speed of things happening in space does make it difficult on their end to create shots that are enjoyable to watch while being close enough to completely physics accurate. 

On 2/19/2021 at 9:08 PM, Greatoneshere said:

My understanding was they did additional shooting post-his line in that episode. It's pretty clear it was retroactive as I understand it. :)

Yes but exactly how much was re-shot? I thought they had initially indicated NO re-shoots so I was expecting them to write Alex off at the start of next season instead. According to what I saw on reddit it was just altering Bobbie's return to the ship with Naomi to have her calling out to Alex (which seems like it was just freezing existing footage of Alex on the ship at the spot where he stops moving and done in a way where the actress could have just provided audio remotely), and the bit with Holden and Naomi talking about Alex and then blowing up his ship with his body. And I guess a little bit when they reunite on the Roci? And that otherwise it was just digitally removing him from scenes that had already been shot. 

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yes but exactly how much was re-shot? I thought they had initially indicated NO re-shoots so I was expecting them to write Alex off at the start of next season instead. According to what I saw on reddit it was just altering Bobbie's return to the ship with Naomi to have her calling out to Alex (which seems like it was just freezing existing footage of Alex on the ship at the spot where he stops moving and done in a way where the actress could have just provided audio remotely), and the bit with Holden and Naomi talking about Alex and then blowing up his ship with his body. And I guess a little bit when they reunite on the Roci? And that otherwise it was just digitally removing him from scenes that had already been shot. 

I think you have it 100% correct, moreso than what I said I think you're right.