The Expanse Season Five Trailer

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

Agreed. I was annoyed at first that it was another season with team all split up. But every single one of their stories has been fantastic. 

I really am going to enjoy seeing:

Spoiler

Marco Inaros eventually get his. Drummer or Naomi gonna put a bullet in his head before this is all over.

3 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I really am going to enjoy seeing:

Hide contents

Marco Inaros eventually get his. Drummer or Naomi gonna put a bullet in his head before this is all over.

Agreed. He is a fantastic villain. Totally crazy comparison but I really hope it takes awhile to pay off that arc so that it’s as earned and lands as hard as the end of the Alfred arc in Last Kingdom

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 7:34 PM, SoberChef said:

So "The Critical Drinker" just uploaded this...

...and it does sound interesting on premise alone. Then I find that it's free on Prime, so I am about to blast off into the unknown regions of space to explore a brand new show!

Only thing I'll say is if you're not feeling it after the first few episodes just push through to the end of the first season. It took me two tries to get into the show and I think it's because the first  time around the first few episodes of season 1 gave me a very inaccurate impression of what the show was going to be like. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Only thing I'll say is if you're not feeling it after the first few episodes just push through to the end of the first season. It took me two tries to get into the show and I think it's because the first  time around the first few episodes of season 1 gave me a very inaccurate impression of what the show was going to be like. 

Glad you mentioned that as it seemed to be stalling there JUST a bit, but I will absolutely persevere & push through as I have genuinely heard nothing but the best about this show the more I have looked into it.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

@SoberChef FWIW, I absolutely second this. I got about half way through the first season and dropped it. People kept telling me to keep with it, so I came back months later and did and boy am I glad I did.

Also the last episode was pretty great. Dat ending.

10 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Season 1 is easily the weakest season, and the second half of that one gets good. But it's really season 2 where it comes into its own. 

It's less that the first season is weak and more just that...I think I thought it was going to be, like, a near-future sci-fi cop procedural + Earth political intrigue show or something. But then the story opens up at the end of the season and I got hooked.

• Like 1

5 episodes in and I see how it is absolutely world building & setting up intrigue and the like, but it does is SO subtlety, almost as though the pieces shift into their slots so innocuously and then the callbacks are almost brought forth as moot as they continue to morph & evolve. When compared to so many "beat it over your head" tropes of story telling, this is invigorating!

46 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

5 episodes in and I see how it is absolutely world building & setting up intrigue and the like, but it does is SO subtlety, almost as though the pieces shift into their slots so innocuously and then the callbacks are almost brought forth as moot as they continue to morph & evolve. When compared to so many "beat it over your head" tropes of story telling, this is invigorating!

Lift off in 5, 4, ...

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

What do you mean? Was there an issue with that actor?

No misconduct or anything that I'm aware of, but apparently a lot of people really didn't like the recast Arjun to the point where they didn't initially realize it was supposed to be Arjuan. Not looking like the original actor is whatever and that's not what I saw was complaining about, I've seen criticism of the way he was portrayed changing heavily--loving father and doting husband to seeming like he was her stone-cold political advisor. If the showrunners agreed that it didn't really work out then this was a natural opportunity to just kill the character.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jason said:

No misconduct or anything that I'm aware of, but apparently a lot of people really didn't like the recast Arjun to the point where they didn't initially realize it was supposed to be Arjuan. Not looking like the original actor is whatever and that's not what I saw was complaining about, I've seen criticism of the way he was portrayed changing heavily--loving father and doting husband to seeming like he was her stone-cold political advisor. If the showrunners agreed that it didn't really work out then this was a natural opportunity to just kill the character.

Haha, sorry, I still don't follow. Arjun was recast at some point during the show? Hasn't it always been the same guy? I don't recall a different looking guy . . . 

On 1/31/2021 at 12:59 PM, Jason said:

Still really liking it but I'm wondering where this is all going know its the second to last season. 

It's based on a series of books written by the show runners.  I've avoided knowing what's in them, but through the first 4 seasons, I've heard that they're pretty true to the books.

TBH, I've enjoyed this season the least of all the ones that I have watched.  It's still good -- but I thought season 2-4 were excellent.

On 1/13/2021 at 11:09 PM, Jason said:

I’m going to have to take this advice, I guess. I shelved the showed after a few episodes. I wanted to like it, but was just not feeling it. I meant to go back, but never felt very drawn back to it. 

my dad loved it though. I guess I’ll need to give it another chance. 

Fuck that was a great season finale. Very much looking forward to the final season, season 6.

Spoiler

Such a shame that there will be no Alex Kamal in season 6, despite him being very much alive in book 6, only because the actor who plays him Cas Anvar was a dumbass and a shithead. Ah well. The transition was handled very well though, as was his death.

It’s neck and neck between 2 and 5 for me for my favorite. That was fantastic. I think I’m going to get my wife in on watching it before season 6 comes out. She has seen some but never really got into it. That needs to change!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2021 at 11:38 AM, Greatoneshere said:

Fuck that was a great season finale. Very much looking forward to the final season, season 6.

Hide contents

Such a shame that there will be no Alex Kamal in season 6, despite him being very much alive in book 6, only because the actor who plays him Cas Anvar was a dumbass and a shithead. Ah well. The transition was handled very well though, as was his death.

Spoiler

I thought filming was done before Cas Anvar was fired? Did they bring people in for reshoots, or did they already know that he MAY be fired during filming pending their investigation, and shoot alternate versions of the episode post-rescue in order to hedge their bets?