"Officially Welcoming Bethesda to Team Xbox"

CitizenVectron

All those game journalists that not too long ago were writing about Sony pushing to make huge 3rd party timed exclusive deals, like getting Spiderman only for Avengers, and the 1 year FF16 exclusivity, also made a point that Microsoft tried to make deals but it was too expensive for them.

7.5 billion later and now owning some of the most iconic IP and Studios in the industry, make them all look a little bit foolish right now. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Sony already shelling out a lot of money to make Square games console exclusive for a year. Hitman, FF and whatever else idk.

Hitman is a year-long EGS exclusive, but there is no console exclusivity.

Also, IO Interactive bought its independence from SE after the release of Hitman 2016. Hitman 2 was published by WB and Hitman 3 is self-published.

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

4cyLJCik2Z9R7QAoz4exJR-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

2020 corporate report cites PC gaming as a competitor.

I know this is part of their longer term plans, but that also is against what most Sony fanboys scream they want.  They want console exclusives so they can bang the drum of having exclusives no one else can play.  I'd love to see Sony start moving more towards putting their content on PC sooner, but thus far, they've shown selling hardware is their #1 priority.

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

They're gonna have to do it a lot sooner and with higher quality ports than Horizon if they want to make people actually give a shit, though.

It is clear they are only releasing them to entice people to buy PS5 and not an actual strategy to add another revenue stream through PC. 

1 minute ago, JPDunks4 said:

I know this is part of their longer term plans, but that also is against what most Sony fanboys scream they want.  They want console exclusives so they can bang the drum of having exclusives no one else can play.  I'd love to see Sony start moving more towards putting their content on PC sooner, but thus far, they've shown selling hardware is their #1 priority.

It is because its been very profitable for them. Sony is at its heart any electronics company, not a software company. They don't want to get out of the hardware business at ALL. 

9 minutes ago, The def star said:

That's their net worth. Not how much they would sell for. Zenimax was worth like $2.6 billion a few years ago and sold for double that.

Take-Two would pay off long-term, just based on GTA and nothing else. Fortunately, the rumor was shot down.

8 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

It is clear they are only releasing them to entice people to buy PS5 and not an actual strategy to add another revenue stream through PC. 

Not according to their own corporate reports.

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They want to do it so bad that they get angry when devs put coming to PC in their PS5 presentation.

So because potentially incorrect information was copy/pasted into the trailer, that contradicts their corporate report.

I guess?

10 minutes ago, number305 said:

This is actual news that actually happened today.  Save the Sony rumors for another thread.

Reading is fundamental:

"Which were the rumors (shot down) last year."

You wouldn't buy Rockstar; you'd buy Take-Two. It's a shot down rumor from last year.

Another point.  Any big boy deal Sony wants to make to acquire more studios, Microsoft can do the same and outbid or push up the bidding. 

7.5 billion is a lot, but they can keep on going.

My guess is Microsoft wants badly to acquire Japanese Studios to bolster their Worldwide efforts, as the Xbox brand is all but dead outside the US.

So my guess is Sony for sure is probably trying to make deals, but Microsoft probably is as well.

Just now, JPDunks4 said:

I have no idea what 2014 Scape Zero Flashbacks means, but if it meant Microsoft finally throwing money and investing more heavily in gaming, seems he was right 6 years later.  

No, it's the notion that MS would outbid Sony on everything, including third party deals like Call of Duty, because they have more money.

3 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I wonder if those 2 id Software guys that were saying Xbox Series S would hold back next gen still have jobs?

I just saw the Digital Foundry video where they talk to the Dirt 5 dev and they mentioned that the Series S is more than capable of producing next gen gaming by scaling down from the Series X pretty easily.

3 minutes ago, The def star said:

I just saw the Digital Foundry video where they talk to the Dirt 5 dev and they mentioned that the Series S is more than capable of producing next gen gaming by scaling down from the Series X pretty easily.

For the cross-gen period, sure.  Richard said in another PAX video recently that, after talking to devs, he's worried that Microsoft cut back RAM too far.

27 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Why did he list Elder Scrolls and Skyrim separately? And not Dishonored?

Simple: Skyrim is now a cancer that self replicates on every platform regardless of the quality of experience and without human input! Elderscrolls is a wholly different beast! :sun:

• Haha 1

Just now, crispy4000 said:

For the cross-gen period, sure.  Richard said in another PAX video recently that, after talking to devs, he's worried that Microsoft cut back RAM too far.

I think Series S will be fine. Won't look as pretty as the X but will be able to play all the games but I guess we just have to wait and see.