PS5 Digital owners (or soon to be) let’s chat

maddux4163

So, initially I almost pulled the plug on the $399 console. 

I didn’t as I thought how locking myself down to whatever Sony wants to charge is bad news. Heck, even today I’ll see $60 charge on 3-4 year old games on PSN. 

The ability to go back and pick up games at bargain bin prices can’t be overstated. Buying a $60 title at launch, beating it, selling it on Facebook for $45 if you felt inclined. Getting the benefits of price drops and sales at online retailers, physical retailers, and also PSN. 

The extra $100 premium will pay itself back tenfold. 

what say you?

Digital only

I dont deal with Craigslist or FB because I dont wanna deal with people, what ever money to be made isnt worth the time. Physical sales are nice but for me by the time you include gas, time spent at the store if they have it in stock, install time, downloading updates VS pick up my phone buy it and its installed before I even get home, no contest its Digital all the way.

1 minute ago, SimpleG said:

Digital only

I dont deal with Craigslist or FB because I dont wanna deal with people, what ever money to be made isnt worth the time. Physical sales are nice but for me by the time you include gas, time spent at the store if they have it in stock, install time, downloading updates VS pick up my phone buy it and its installed before I even get home, no contest its Digital all the way.

I’d agree.... IF there were options digitally. It’s 99% whatever Sony allows. Very few other sites even have digital codes, unlike PC. 

Plus, it’s not a hassle to drive to the store since most people have to drive to get groceries or drive to work anyhow. 

Also, simply ordering games online from deep Amazon sales and Best Buy, EBay etc. 

7 minutes ago, maddux4163 said:

I’d agree.... IF there were options digitally. It’s 99% whatever Sony allows. Very few other sites even have digital codes, unlike PC. 

Yup its a walled garden but thats what you get with consoles

7 minutes ago, maddux4163 said:

Plus, it’s not a hassle to drive to the store since most people have to drive to get groceries or drive to work anyhow

If your gonna ask an opinion based question you are gonna get an opinion based answer. For you the savings are worth it for me they are a hassle

10 minutes ago, maddux4163 said:

Also, simply ordering games online from deep Amazon sales and Best Buy, EBay etc. 

Time wasted waiting for the game,if you have the time then its fine for me its not. 

I feel ya. Just wish we had a humble bundle, GOG etc type deal. Maybe one day in console world we will. Maybe it’ll be 10 years from now. But eventually when it’s 100% digital, we will have those many store fronts 

First generation in gaming that an all digital console it available day one. So it’s headed there 

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

A lot of people have gone digital only. They care about convenience, not price.

I’m digital only on PC. Obviously. But they have amazing deals everywhere. Money obviously doesn’t matter to some. But matters in my world for sure.  

Even this gen I’m 70% digital on PS4, but there’s still been a times I’ll pickup an older title for $10 on Amazon or something. 

1 minute ago, maddux4163 said:

I’m digital only on PC. Obviously. But they have amazing deals everywhere. Money obviously doesn’t matter to some. But matters in my world for sure.  

Even this gen I’m 70% digital on PS4, but there’s still been a times I’ll pickup an older title for $10 on Amazon or something. 

And a lot of people have moved on to not caring at all about physical media. That's why they want the DE model.

Just now, maddux4163 said:

Books on a screen is absolutely a NO 

I am not much of a reader, but if I want to read a book, it’ll be physical. 

The Kindle Paperwhite uses the e-ink screen, which is damn near identical to paper. I only read on it, not my iPad or phone.

I'm about to hit 70 books on the year. I read far more than game these days.

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I struggle with books. Kindle is so convenient, yet I still have about 500 physical books on my shelves to a little under 200 on my Kindle.

When it comes to reading the feel of the paper and the act of holding the book and turning the page is so ingrained in my brain that I cant do digital. Its stupid but I cant help it.

• Like 1

Just now, Dodger said:

I wasn’t able to get the DE but I’ll be 100% digital on the phatty. I should have just held out for the DE but I’m a weak impulsive person.

Nice. A digital only person who ponied up the extra $100. Win for Sony lmao. I kid  

I didn’t have much time to think myself. It went up and I went and clicked quickly 

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

The Kindle Paperwhite uses the e-ink screen, which is damn near identical to paper. I only read on it, not my iPad or phone.

I'm about to hit 70 books on the year. I read far more than game these days.

Wow. I mean, I wish I could do it. Truly. Reading and me never got too close. Just saying. I do enjoy short stories every blue moon 

Nice. A digital only person who ponied up the extra $100. Win for Sony lmao. I kid  

I didn’t have much time to think myself. It went up and I went and clicked quickly 

Worked great for Sony. I spent the extra $100 because I fomo’d myself into getting one after pre orders were a cluster fuck after the PS5 stream

2 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

When it comes to reading the feel of the paper and the act of holding the book and turning the page is so ingrained in my brain that I cant do digital. Its stupid but I cant help it.

Yeah, I'm the same. I love the feel and smell of a physical book. I mostly use my Kindle for good deals on fiction. It's also handy to read in the stand while I'm hunting.

Never owned a 4K movie. 

Though I did just get a 4K tv in June. I stream some. I’m assuming it’s not quite as good compared to physical?

Digital film streaming is getting better but your at the mercy of the company you are streaming from and internet bandwidth for quality. Ive had good luck with Disney and Netflix, Hulu and Prime are very hit or miss for me.

1 minute ago, SimpleG said:

Digital film streaming is getting better but your at the mercy of the company you are streaming from and internet bandwidth for quality. Ive had good luck with Disney and Netflix, Hulu and Prime are very hit or miss for me.

I’ve used all of those and it’s fine. But my issue is, it’s 2020 and content is still SEVERELY lacking. It’s why in 2014 when the craze came, I held off. Content is tiny 

I like having games ready to go without swapping discs. Especially as I have different games I play with different friends. So if I see a buddy on a game I can quickly join in without having to find the game I want to play and change discs. My kids also have an Xbox in the play room that can access the entire library, even the same game at the same time. Would have to purchase two copies of the game to do that if physical.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

I like having games ready to go without swapping discs. Especially as I have different games I play with different friends. So if I see a buddy on a game I can quickly join in without having to find the game I want to play and change discs. My kids also have an Xbox in the play room that can access the entire library, even the same game at the same time. Would have to purchase two copies of the game to do that if physical.

I feel that. Again even my PS4 collection is majority digital. 

Goes without saying on PC. In Steam alone I have 550 games