Monster Hunter Rise - Sunbreak Expansion Coming June 30, 2022

Keyser_Soze

1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

The Pro and One X aren't really next-gen systems though? They were just upgrades. Like, I don't think anyone thought the DSi was a next-gen handheld when it came out, for example. Or that the NEW 3DS was a next gen system and Vita was suddenly last-gen. 

Switch is a completely different system, not an iterative upgrade to the Wii U. 

therock'd

followed by

dadgrant'd

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Biggie said:

@Slughave you defeated Magnamalo? I assume you have. Great battle and he is cool as hell.

I have!  I'm having a blast with Rise.

If we're Switch pals we need to do hunts together.  I'm currently working on 7* HR but I'm down for all the hunts.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slug said:

I have!  I'm having a blast with Rise.

If we're Switch pals we need to do hunts together.  I'm currently working on 7* HR but I'm down for all the hunts.

Yeah I’ve seen you playing. I’m HR2 and I beat him. Took about 20 mega potions, 2 carts, and returning to camp multiple times to eat a meal but I did it! lol.

• Haha 1

Just now, Biggie said:

Yeah I’ve seen you playing. I’m HR2 and I beat him. Took about 20 mega potions, 2 carts, and returning to camp multiple times to eat a meal but I did it! lol

Yeah he got me a couple times the first fight.  He's like a mix of Teostra and Nargacuga.  Very fun fight.

1 minute ago, Slug said:

Yeah he got me a couple times the first fight.  He's like a mix of Teostra and Nargacuga.  Very fun fight.

And yeah I’m having so much fun playing Rise. Much more actual fun than I did playing World or Generations. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Keyser_Soze changed the title to Monster Hunter Rise - Trailer and Gameplay Overview [March 26, 2021] Steam Version January 12, 2022
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

He did the same thing with MHW.

I haven't gotten it yet, but I'd like to.

I played all last night with friends. It really is a great Mon Hun game. I mean if it’s that fun on Switch I bet the PC version is pure eye candy. 

I specifically didn't buy it on Switch because starting World over after like 70+ hours just ruined the game for me, couldn't even get into Iceborne. This game is a lot of fun so far, just unlocked 5 star hunts, game honestly seems super easy so far, have been steamrolling everything first try despite being a low DPS hunting horn main playing solo for the most part, which is unusual. I'm glad the game spends a lot less time with the slow shit. I do wish games like this had a "just tell me what's new" tutorial mode for everyone super familiar with the basics. 

I hate every single character, so the story is about on par with other MH titles in that I enjoy it a lot more when I skip it. My favorite character is my own since I made him look like a weeb samurai with a stoner voice.

Love the wirebug stuff, wish you could use it to get out of roar stuns so I could finally play an MH title without worrying about this lame mechanic I've never liked. Ah well, least you can use it to get out of most other attacks and continue your onslaught. Should start with 3 by default though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I specifically didn't buy it on Switch because starting World over after like 70+ hours just ruined the game for me, couldn't even get into Iceborne. This game is a lot of fun so far, just unlocked 5 star hunts, game honestly seems super easy so far, have been steamrolling everything first try despite being a low DPS hunting horn main playing solo for the most part, which is unusual. I'm glad the game spends a lot less time with the slow shit. I do wish games like this had a "just tell me what's new" tutorial mode for everyone super familiar with the basics. 

I hate every single character, so the story is about on par with other MH titles in that I enjoy it a lot more when I skip it. My favorite character is my own since I made him look like a weeb samurai with a stoner voice.

Love the wirebug stuff, wish you could use it to get out of roar stuns so I could finally play an MH title without worrying about this lame mechanic I've never liked. Ah well, least you can use it to get out of most other attacks and continue your onslaught. Should start with 3 by default though. 

Yeah 3 wirebugs would be perfect. Or at the very least let me keep all 3 once I add that third one instead of disappearing. I hate when I think I have 3 during a intense fight only to realize that uh oh I don’t lol. 

13 minutes ago, Dimden said:

Bring a palico with the "Endemic Life" Skill.

Every "arena" where you typically fight a monster will have an extra wirebug.

You can use wirebug whisperer to extend the lifespan of the third wirebug as well as increase your recharge speed. It's easy enough to decorate for and it's not unheard of to meld talisman that will give you two or three points in it.

For most roar stuns, you can simply roll through them and use i-frames to your advantage, depending on the monster of course. Monsters with short roars like Nargacuga or Tigrex can easily be rolled through without any evasion skills. Monsters like Rathalos or Diablos will require at least evade +1 to be able to roll through. In the case of using Hunting Horn, a well-timed slide beat (ZL+Y on Switch) will definitely get you through the majority of roars unscathed. But I mean, the best thing you can do is just keep them from roaring in the first place by beating them as stylishly as possible.

Oh I'm aware of the extra wirebugs and how to get them, just wish 3 was the default. Feels so much better than two.

I appreciate the advice about roars. My problem isn't not being able to roll through them, it's just I get irritated when they interrupt me when I'm already doing something. I honestly just consider them an annoyance.

Thanks for the video, by the way, good to know I'm mostly playing Hunting Horn kind of correct in an aggressive sense. I don't believe I have that weird roll attack he keeps doing, though... Unless I just haven't been using it. Kind of looks like a Switch Attack that I don't have yet. I'm nowhere near on that guy's level yet, but at least I now know I'm not going in the wrong direction!

I mean the roll attack he does where he appears to do a normal roll that leads into two attacks that he spams over the course of that fight. Either I don't know that button combo or I don't have that skill yet. He uses it quite a bit so I imagine there's good reason for that.

Also good to see Hunting Horn finally get some love, depending on the game it can either be incredibly weak or just outright not be included, despite being my favorite weapon by far. At least in terms of concept.

I play with controller, but I did do a hunt using KBM when I forgot to connect my controller. It actually controlled very well and all the menus were very responsive to using a mouse, which sounds like a super basic thing, but with Japanese console ports, sometimes the mouse doesn't even work in menus, or works in really stupid ways like moving the mouse down selects the next item as though you were using a D-Pad, with no cursor. That one's always fun. 

Anyway it seemed very well done here and if I start using any ranged weapons I will definitely play with KBM.

• 5 weeks later...

New items were just announced for next week's update. Here are the details:

Capcom has announced that Monster Hunter Rise will be receiving a new update next week on February 23, version 3.9.0. No patch notes have been released yet, but it has been announced that as a part of this update, some new items will be available for all players. Here are all the details:

Update 3.9.0 will distribute the Black Belt armor set for players, the Defender weapon set that includes all weapon types, and the Veteran’s Talisman, all in preparation for the upcoming Sunbreak DLC. Here is a video from Capcom highlighting some of the items in combat. The Black Belt armor set is also available as layered armor.

• Like 1