1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I was wondering if they were gonna tackle this. Now I just need Larry David to do a pandemic season of Curb Your Enthusiasm and my life will be complete.

South Park and It's Always Sunny are my two most looked-forward to shows to "tackle" the pandemic as well as the protests. It sounds weird saying it, as it could be taken as distasteful - but, if there's anything good to come out of the pandemic, entertainment-wise, it will likely be from these two shows. :p 

I was hoping they would do something like this... and hey, they did. Yay for things happening or something. I dunno.

It's going to be interesting to see how this pandemic shapes movies and TV shows in the coming years. I anticipate some weird shit coming out.

4 hours ago, sexy_shapiro said:

Matt and Trey seemed to have matured somewhat over the years, so hopefully this isn’t just them playing the “both sides are equally stupid” card again.

I think they will mostly just make fun of your side. (whichever side that may be) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 2:00 PM, sexy_shapiro said:

Matt and Trey seemed to have matured somewhat over the years, so hopefully this isn’t just them playing the “both sides are equally stupid” card again.

Ultimately thats where they went with this... the special was OK I guess? There were some funny moments but I don't think these guys really know what they were trying to say at the end of the day. Also, and I kinda hate to say this because it IS South Park, some of this stuff was just in bad taste and unfunny. You can be in bad taste as long as you're funny.

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Ultimately thats where they went with this

I don't feel that way. They even made Cartman do a non-selfish act for Stan. He did the right thing. Then trump comes in and fucks it all up, telling you to vote. Like, if you vote trump you are setting hope on fire. 

But like all modern south park, I didn't really find this funny. I wasn't bothered by it, it just wasn't funny. Like, I guess I am to old to find cum-weed funny. The mustache shit was lame. They even killed kenny but then they didn't say the line. Blasphemous!

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Ultimately thats where they went with this... the special was OK I guess? There were some funny moments but I don't think these guys really know what they were trying to say at the end of the day. Also, and I kinda hate to say this because it IS South Park, some of this stuff was just in bad taste and unfunny. You can be in bad taste as long as you're funny.

I’m not sure if it was intentional and I missed a joke, but they had the “wear a mask correctly!” people wearing it wrong mid-way through the episode saying “a chin diaper over my mouth??? That’s disgusting!” and the people they were criticizing for “wearing a chin diaper and not a mask” were suddenly the ones wearing it correctly and yelling.

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I’m not sure if it was intentional and I missed a joke, but they had the “wear a mask correctly!” people wearing it wrong mid-way through the episode saying “a chin diaper over my mouth??? That’s disgusting!” and the people they were criticizing for “wearing a chin diaper and not a mask” were suddenly the ones wearing it correctly and yelling.

This is what I was talking about... they were "both sidesing" the mask wearing issue even going so far to say that people who advocate wearing masks are doing it to feel superior and not because they are really concerned about the virus. Again the episode was kinda all over the place with what it was trying to say. I think the best South Park episodes, especially in the modern era, is when the guys have a clear thing they want to say and execute THAT.  I think going back and watching old episodes, you realize these guys were NEVER as insightful as people think.

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This is what I was talking about... they were "both sidesing" the mask wearing issue even going so far to say that people who advocate wearing masks are doing it to feel superior and not because they are really concerned about the virus. Again the episode was kinda all over the place with what it was trying to say. I think the best South Park episodes, especially in the modern era, is when the guys have a clear thing they want to say and execute THAT.  I think going back and watching old episodes, you realize these guys were NEVER as insightful as people think.

I didn’t take it that way with the masks.

Did this whole thread disappear for like 2 days? (It did for me)

Anyway, yeah, this was very very very okay. Much like most modern South Park.

I still watch mostly out of inertia. Not that the show is bad, but the magic moments are few and far between these days.

On 10/2/2020 at 10:06 AM, skillzdadirecta said:

I think going back and watching old episodes, you realize these guys were NEVER as insightful as people think.

The giant douche / turd sandwich bit made this very obvious.

• Upvote 1
49 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

This wasn’t a season premiere, no episode tonight :( 

On 10/1/2020 at 9:28 PM, Jason said:

Seems like it could be a season of specials. :(

Apparently the all-remote production really bogged things down for them. So we may be getting sporadic hour-long episodes instead of a proper season this year, a la Doctor Who's season of specials.

On 10/2/2020 at 6:27 AM, Spork3245 said:

I didn't catch the joke/switch either.  Episode seemed like it was piecemealed together.