NFL Week 2 - A Pandemic of Bad Games

Keyser_Soze

12 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Also, 

Dear EA Tiburon,

Maybe Josh Allen (NFL leader in yards, 2nd in tds, 3rd in rating) is a little bit better than 21st in the league?

How about you adjust that just a bit.  Not a question.

Sincerely,

Reasonableness

EA be like “You beat the Jets, worst team in football, and the dolphins.  Call us when you beat a good team. Until then Playoff J is still fresh in our minds.”

39 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Also, 

Dear EA Tiburon,

Maybe Josh Allen (NFL leader in yards, 2nd in tds, 3rd in rating) is a little bit better than 21st in the league?

Sincerely,

Reasonableness

26 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

EA be like “You beat the Jets, worst team in football, and the dolphins.  Call us when you beat a good team. Until then Playoff J is still fresh in our minds.”

Sorry Buck but this is what I would have said too. Check in next week and see how awesome he is after facing the Rams. :p

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Reality all be like.."Naw, switch the stats."  EA is all, "no way, why, we saw that playoff game!"  Reality: "Because in the last 14 games (save for a meaningless bow against the jets in the '19 finale) the kid has 23 tds, 3 interceptions, 31 tds if you include rushing and receiving...He also has the same number of picks since early October of 2019 that Brady has had since last Sunday."

Reality:  "How do you like them apples?  (mic drop)."

8 hours ago, BuckFly said:

Also, 

Dear EA Tiburon,

Sincerely,

Reasonableness

1)  He was borderline terrible last year

2)  They haven't updated anything based on week 2 games yet.  His week 1 QBR/DVOA were only OK. 

3)  And he's only played Jets/Dolphins.  Let's see what happens when he plays real NFL teams.

4)  Does anybody really think EA does a great job of reflecting actual NFL games in Madden?

3 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

1)  He was borderline terrible last year

2)  They haven't updated anything based on week 2 games yet.  His week 1 QBR/DVOA were only OK. 

3)  And he's only played Jets/Dolphins.  Let's see what happens when he plays real NFL teams.

4)  Does anybody really think EA does a great job of reflecting actual NFL games in Madden?

Respectfully, and correspondingly:

1.  I put his numbers above and no he wasn’t.  And I wouldn’t even wast my time if I was making some sort of extraordinary comment on his ability, I’m just saying that his not 21st, as Madden has him.

2.  They have updated, and his QBR is 84.8, 4th in the League.

3.  I believe your point is a little more persuasive if against those teams he didn’t finish the two weeks #1 in yards, #2 in tds, #3 in standard qb rating and #4 in QBR.  Also, it would be more persuasive if he wasn’t among only 4 QBs in the modern era to throw for 650 yards, complete 70% and no interceptions in the first two games, along with Mahomes, Manning, and Brees...and I am not making the claim he is those guys, just that the stats bear out that he has done a little more than just yoeman duty.

4.  EA has had movers all over the place after week 1:

EA could ignore the both of us and go with his peers, who put him in the top 100, 12th among QBs and it is shaky to think that the 11th QB, Kirk Cousins, is better then him, with half the yards, 1/3 the tds and 4 picks when Allen has none.

I agree EA is terrible at it.  It doesn’t make it OK, though.  I also don’t know how much better he is than 21, but I know he was better than that before the first pass was thrown, which also includes the impact of his support staff at WR in evaluation for the season.  

And honestly and no offense, but I am quite sure I have watched a little more of him since 2018 and this year than you, and a few key things, things that I’ve loved are that he is controlled in the pocket, has touch on his deep ball and his been throwing guys open instead of just throwing to open guys. 

I made no overt claims about him on this board in 2018 or 2019, but I am making them now...and they are not even grandiose. 

Peace.