Final Fantasy XVI – Information Thread, update: PC version in "final stages of optimization', pre-release demo planned

Pikachu

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Who's that guy who wanted a Medieval Final Fantasy? Well here it is, but they just aped Game of Thrones.

It could be argued its returning to its roots.  I'm interested to see where they go with it.  Don't mind the GoT vibe personally, but it's not as fantastical as FF's prior.

It's a good contrast to FFVIIR though.  Would have been weird FFXVI and R2 went for a similar vibe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Pikachu changed the title to Final Fantasy XVI – Information Thread
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm really looking forward to this one. Yoshi P has done an amazing job on XI V, and I expect this to be very interesting as well. Can't wait to see more. It sounds as though the game is content complete, and mostly needs finishing work, which would be nice.

Either way, they have time. Theres plenty of great stuff coming this year already.

• True 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Final Fantasy XVI (Summer 2023) – Information Thread, update: State of Play June 2022 "Dominance" trailer

What I saw before kinda looked like unpleasant, the location, like dreary. This looks better and more like areas I want to visit now. I’m starting like this sorta game more I think and loved FF7R which is the first FF I beat so I’m in.

17 minutes ago, stepee said:

PC day1?

I'm holding on to hope tho cuz in the trailer there was no mention of "PS5 EXCLUSIVE / First on PlayStation 5" and you'd think that if FF16 was that kind of exclusive sony would make it be in the trailer or even in the YT description box. 

Edit: The Official site only has the PS5 logo. :s

• True 1