Oculus Quest 2: ~4k, 6GB RAM, 90hz, starts at $299

TwinIon

7 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Huh, I was under the impression it was wireless as someone recommended it to me in this thread as an alternative to the Quest 2 since I would prefer a wider FOV. So much for that :p 

Yes I see nothing for wireless and the limited colored documentation shows people doing the backpack with a laptop thing.

Just now, Stickey said:

I dont think it was ever suggested it was wireless, I've always recommended it as a best second option.

I'm pretty sure I said I wished there was a Quest 2 with a wider FOV because I didn't want to upgrade my Vive until there was a wireless and no-base station/camera option and the Reverb G2 was suggested :p 

Just now, Stickey said:

Wireless index is going to take forever and be pricey.

I'm hoping for an adapter

6 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I'm pretty sure I said I wished there was a Quest 2 with a wider FOV because I didn't want to upgrade my Vive until there was a wireless and no-base station/camera option and the Reverb G2 was suggested :p 

I'm hoping for an adapter

Ok yes can conform its not wireless. HP literally sells a laptop that can be worn on ur back for mobile play.

It's pretty cool but ehhh its like 3k plus. 

3 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Ok yes can conform its not wireless. HP literally sells a laptop that can be worn on ur back for mobile play.

It's pretty cool but ehhh its like 3k plus. 

I’d rather buy this at that point :p 

s-l400.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

All VR sensors are included. they all Physically installed and works without loss. -plug and play. -Hardware and Software fully updated and upgraded. I will...

On 12/22/2020 at 7:23 PM, Spork3245 said:

I’d rather buy this at that point :p 

s-l400.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

All VR sensors are included. they all Physically installed and works without loss. -plug and play. -Hardware and Software fully updated and upgraded. I will...

I lean towards the laptop tbh. I might wait to see what the 30xx or maybe wait for the 40xx laptop series GPUs and get one for mobile VR. Not in the backpack in a laptop but like bringing my headset to a friend's house. 

Star Wars Squadrons is glorious in VR. Warthunder sucks. It relies on the headtracking for moving the camera so you're at a tremendous disadvantage in combat. Downloading DCS World since it's f2p for the holidays and has VR support.

I mean just buying a quest 2 for when you want to go wireless seems cheaper and way more convenient than buying another laptop after you hit a wall and fall down and crush your brand new 3080 laptop that you were wearing in a backpack. That idea sounded cool like 5 years ago but now it just sounds terrible.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I mean just buying a quest 2 for when you want to go wireless seems cheaper and way more convenient than buying a laptop and wearing it with a backpack. That idea sounded cool like 5 years ago but now it just sounds terrible.

I like having a gaming laptop for travel or going over friend's house so it's something I'd buy anyway. My current one has a 2060 so will probably wait for a 3080 to get a replacement.

38 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Anyone? I'm pretty interested in vr after seeing quest 1.

Not sure about the screen compared to quest 1, but it certainly doesn't have the dirty screen door effect like PSVR.  FOV us pretty similar though, which is the biggest drawback, and I still wish resolution could be higher.  the processing performance is 30-50% greater than quest 1.  The controllers and tracking blow PSVR out of the water.

I think it's a better introduction to VR than PS.  The lack of cables makes it kid friendly too.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

Anyone? I'm pretty interested in vr after seeing quest 1.

It's a massive upgrade from the original quest. Almost no screen screen door effect, 90 hz is a major improvement and the processor is good. Now is the time to get one I don't think there will be a Quest 3 in the same time frame.

1 hour ago, DPCyric said:

It's a massive upgrade from the original quest. Almost no screen screen door effect, 90 hz is a major improvement and the processor is good. Now is the time to get one I don't think there will be a Quest 3 in the same time frame.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Between trying to buy the xsx and PS5 I'm not sure if I can afford quest 2 just yet. I'm very intrigued and wanted to ask if there is a single player experience on quest 2? Like an entire game like when I played RE7 on the psvr.

49 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Between trying to buy the xsx and PS5 I'm not sure if I can afford quest 2 just yet. I'm very intrigued and wanted to ask if there is a single player experience on quest 2? Like an entire game like when I played RE7 on the psvr.

Yes there are several good single player games and the Capcom leak listed RE4 on the Quest. I would suggest skipping one of the next gen systems and getting the Quest 2 right now. In fact if you don't mind sideloading you can play Gamepass on the Quest!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DPCyric said:

Yes there are several good single player games and the Capcom leak listed RE4 on the Quest. I would suggest skipping one of the next gen systems and getting the Quest 2 right now. In fact if you don't mind sideloading you can play Gamepass on the Quest!

Damn, interesting. :thinking:

8 hours ago, best3444 said:

You can actually get some decent workout with some Quest games which might be a plus in its column to get instead of one of the consoles.

11 hours ago, stepee said:

You can actually get some decent workout with some Quest games which might be a plus in its column to get instead of one of the consoles.

I workout enough at work. When I game I like to relax. Do all quest games require you to stand up? Also, I think I want to grab both next gen consoles before quest 2.