Immortals Fenyx Rising - Information Thread, update: "The Lots Gods" DLC trailer, features new "top-down" perspective

Pikachu

5 hours ago, stepee said:

Yeah, maybe some dlc will do it?

The dlc sounds like totally different things, including new main character. The game does create a save before the final section so you can go back and finish the other stuff, but then you'll need to redo the final dungeon over to finish the game. I have to say the second to last quest was WAY too long and tedious. 

• 2 months later...

Part of it for me is a lot of people liked things I think that I didn’t. Huge world with nothing to do, breakable weapons, no story, that stuff is improved in Immortals. I also just think the moment to moment is more fun.

But I also don’t actually think they are that comparable, Fenyx is more of a mix of a lot of things and some things happen to be kind of botw, mostly the art style really. But they really shouldn’t be compared that much, I was more joking because everyone always compares them and I don’t like botw as much as most people.

I would hold off on this one as well until you get the XSX though as it’s another game heavily about the fun of movement that won’t be as good with the frame rate cut in half.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Part of it for me is a lot of people liked things I think that I didn’t. Huge world with nothing to do, breakable weapons, no story, that stuff is improved in Immortals. I also just think the moment to moment is more fun.

But I also don’t actually think they are that comparable, Fenyx is more of a mix of a lot of things and some things happen to be kind of botw, mostly the art style really. But they really shouldn’t be compared that much, I was more joking because everyone always compares them and I don’t like botw as much as most people.

I would hold off on this one as well until you get the XSX though as it’s another game heavily about the fun of movement that won’t be as good with the frame rate cut in half.

Well I was just reading reviews and almost every review compares it to botw but they say it does enough differently to separate itself. I want something new other than valhalla but that's sucks about the framerate. Thanks for the impressions.

Interesting enough metacritic only has reviews for this game for the next gen consoles. That should tell me something.

Edit: Did more research and it'll run at 30 with maybe a few dips here and there. I'm completely used to that so I'm pulling the trigger tomorrow.

Yeah, I mean it just runs like all last gen games so it’ll be what you’re used to and fine for you. It’s a really cool game though so I thought it would be worth waiting to get the 60fps but yeah if you just need something new to play this should hit the spot.

And if you find a XSX while playing it I think you can just upgrade it for free.

• Thanks 1

Been in a weird gaming funk. Was playing cyberpunk and loving it but just stopped halfway through and started playing Skyrim for some weird reason.  Got too overpowered and stopped basically at the same point as last time (level 55).  Played a bit of shadow tomb raider and tried ff remake then put it down for control which I’m enjoying a lot and would have played it to the end (at the first boss, just started) buuuut was really wanting a switch game . Something cute and fun and I don’t have any switch games (botw, kart, links awakening).  Anyhoo, read this thread and immediately impulse bought on sale for ps4.  Hopefully this will get me back on track.  

its $53 on Amazon Canada same day delivery 

switch is $60

It's on sale for $30 right now on the Xbox store, and I have a $10 gift card so I can get it for $20. I just don't know if it's worth it. I mean, I know it's a good game, but I'm still in the thick of Valhalla so I don't know if it would be too samey. 

Also, the Game Pass Effect is in full swing here. I can't help but feel like that Ubisoft/MS rumor still has some weight to it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I went to download it on my Xbox one x and the only version available was the xsx version? I still downloaded it but I'm at 5ye store currently. Will it work on my x?

@stepee

I...don’t know this one lol. I haven’t gotten anything on my X so I’m not sure how it works or is supposed to look. I would think it would show in the game information supported platform before you buy?

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

I...don’t know this one lol. I haven’t gotten anything on my X so I’m not sure how it works or is supposed to look. I would think it would show in the game information supported platform before you buy?

Well I'm home now in my parking lot. I hope to god it's going to be payable on my x. It was $30 which was nice. Worse case scenario I play it on the xsx when I get it. 

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Well I'm home now in my parking lot. I hope to god it's going to be payable on my x. It was $30 which was nice. Worse case scenario I play it on the xsx when I get it. 

Thanks.

Maybe this will be the the kick you need to really hit that XSX search hard lol. Hope it works though, curious how you like this. It had me pretty hooked.

23 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Thanks.

I believe it will. The point of the whole "smart delivery" system was that there's only one SKU on the store, but the system will download the appropriate version automatically.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Maybe this will be the the kick you need to really hit that XSX search hard lol. Hope it works though, curious how you like this. It had me pretty hooked.

2 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I believe it will. The point of the whole "smart delivery" system was that there's only one SKU on the store, but the system will download the appropriate version automatically.

It worked. Almost 2 hours in and I'm enjoying it. Definitely HEAVILY influenced by botw BUT takes some of the annoying issues Zelda had and made it more enjoyable. No broken weapons, not as harsh with stamina, voice acting and story, and fun combat so far. I’ve barely unlocked anything. I'm currently stuck in a rift. I can't figure it out. Overall, so far so good. 

Edit: I just looked up where I'm stuck and I can't perform the abilities the person did in the video. Meaning I can't progress through the rift AND I'm stuck here. So I will have to load up an old save. 

5 hours ago, best3444 said:

It worked. Almost 2 hours in and I'm enjoying it. Definitely HEAVILY influenced by botw BUT takes some of the annoying issues Zelda had and made it more enjoyable. No broken weapons, not as harsh with stamina, voice acting and story, and fun combat so far. I’ve barely unlocked anything. I'm currently stuck in a rift. I can't figure it out. Overall, so far so good. 

Edit: I just looked up where I'm stuck and I can't perform the abilities the person did in the video. Meaning I can't progress through the rift AND I'm stuck here. So I will have to load up an old save. 

Definitely because more fun once you begin to unlock stuff. The one thing I would suggest...cheat when it comes to the Lyre puzzles. And by cheat I merely mean, you'll come along the various 'songs' but unless you're playing with a pen and paper close at hand or have a photographic memory you aren't going to remember them...so just look them up otherwise you'll end up doing a lot of running back and forth....which is what I did for a little while until I realized it was too tedious. That was one of my few complaints, once you found the songs they should have been memorized or recorded for you somewhere in game. (And now someone will come in and tell they were, right? :p )

• Like 1

Just now, EternallDarkness said:

Definitely because more fun once you begin to unlock stuff. The one thing I would suggest...cheat when it comes to the Lyre puzzles. And by cheat I merely mean, you'll come along the various 'songs' but unless you're playing with a pen and paper close at hand or have a photographic memory you aren't going to remember them...so just look them up otherwise you'll end up doing a lot of running back and forth....which is what I did for a little while until I realized it was too tedious. That was one of my few complaints, once you found the songs they should have been memorized or recorded for you somewhere in game. (And now someone will come in and tell they were, right? :p )

lol yupppppp. I didn’t even think twice on doing that. I pretty much realized what the requirement for those was and promptly decided no.

23 minutes ago, stepee said:

The first part is more linear and you get a lot of new techniques pretty quickly. It’s kind of like a long tutorial section so it’ll open up more!

Yea, the game has definitely opened up and it much more colorful. I'm really liking it now. Just stopped playing again. 

11 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely look those parts up. 

My initial thoughts

i like it a lot but don’t like the ubi crap. Something about a store in my menu pisses me off.  Also why do ubi games make me use that damn cursor in every game in the menus. Up and down work way better.

also it’s obvious they were working on oddessey and used many of those resources. Not really a complaint but after playing that game I don’t want the same orchestra, same music. I was hoping for more fantasy music. Wish they ripped off botw on that front.  Zeus is the voice from socrates which is fine I liked him. Ubi icons are lessened which is great but botw was fantastic because it didn’t riddle up the map, so they need to do this even less. Combat is better but there was so much charm in botw with situational stuff. Like ohh a cyclops. Shoot him in the eye.  They had a whole mechanic for that where here there’s no animation, u just get head shot damage numbers.  I didn’t hate broken weapons but I’m impartial to them not being here.  I kinda liked that botw stamina was less forgiving.  Here it’s ALMOST like it’s there but it isn’t if you know what I mean.

one thing I really like about Zelda games is that there aren’t that many unique items so when you get one it’s all the more impactful.  I don’t think this game will flood your inventory like new ac games but what is the point of a million useless armours in games. That’s something botw gets right.

anyway. Loving the game and still just the beginning. Just got to the hall of gods last night before going to bed

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Immortals Fenyx Rising - Information Thread, update: "Myths of the Eastern Realm" DLC trailer
11 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I've been curious about this game. This DLC just sold me.

5 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

It ain’t a bad game but it’s boring. Right @best3444?

@skillzdadirecta I put in 13 hours or so into imortals and it just isn't compelling enough to keep playing. It starts out fine and dandy but gets extremely repetitive and boring. Same enemies all over the world, confusing puzzles that required me to cheat a few times, and it offers very little customization and upgrades to your character. It's like a watered down RPG in that respect. The upgrades are not even needed to progress through the game. The enemies are easy to kill from the beginning right up to my 13th hour with very little upgrading. 

Not to sound like a dick, but the game seemed to be made for a younger audience that are new to an open world RPG. 

I suggest you wait to see if it hits gamepass and try it then. There is also a demo out as well. 

• Like 1