Immortals Fenyx Rising - Information Thread, update: "The Lots Gods" DLC trailer, features new "top-down" perspective

Pikachu

13 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

PS4 Legion is broken and Valhalla, from my interpretation of reviews etc was by the numbers and a bit boring. Other.s may see it differently but Ubi are just a 7/10 company for me.

I haven't played Valhalla yet, although I do own it but impressions I've seen from folks I know playing it is that it is anything but boring. Watchdogs definitely had some issues out the box especially on last gen consoles, but those have been fixed for the most part and I recently beat the main campaign. The game is great. They just needed to iron out the COVID bugs. 

Looking at my gaming collection, I buy a LOT of Ubi games apparently :p

Valhalla is easily a GotY contender for me, and this has been a pretty solid year of games.  It is very very good.

I bought Immortals, but probably won't start it up until after I get through a few other games first.  I typically stick to 1 Single player game at a time, and with Valhalla, then Cyberpunk, then who knows what, I probably won't get to Immortals until early next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Beat it! That is the quickest I’ve played 40 hours in a game in awhile, well Animal Crossing, but that doesn’t count. Actually a perfect length, solid ending, and just a joy to play all the way through.

Biggest thing I’d like to see addressed in a sequel is enemy variety, felt very similar to my one complaint with God of War here. It’s not terrible but it can get a little repetitive towards the end in that regard.

Similarly, Id like to see more active powers. Like not more you use at once, keep it the same, but a large variety you swap around to make your build. That would add another layer to it I think.

But for the most part they blended together a lot of really fun game mechanics in a rather seamless way and the game is so beautiful a lot of the time it just makes you stop and enjoy the view. It’s also just generally enjoyable playing this type of game as a more light hearted romp (though it can get dark!).

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

^^ Never even heard of this game. I'll have to check it out.

It’s the good parts of AC and BOTW mixed with some fun mechanics stolen from other games, you’ll love it.

It probably is still gorgeous on the og X just because of the art style, but of course it’s hard not to recommend to wait a few months to play it in all its glory on current gen.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Also yes, this is def a better game than BOTW.

Wouldn't go quite that far but yeah they go toe-to-toe and I say that as a massive massive Zelda fan.

This is my GOTY, I've got 60 hours into it nearing platinum trophy, cant wait for the DLC so I have an excuse to play it more. I've had infinitely more fun with this than ghost of tsushima which was good but forgettable.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

It’s the good parts of AC and BOTW mixed with some fun mechanics stolen from other games, you’ll love it.

It probably is still gorgeous on the og X just because of the art style, but of course it’s hard not to recommend to wait a few months to play it in all its glory on current gen.

I may wait until I grab a xsx to play this. I just read some reviews and it sounds fantastic.

3 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

picked it up today. Pretty solid so far, tough I must say one of the puzzles in one of the temples I visited (or whatever they are called) was damn tedious. Not hard...just tedious. 

I think I know the one you mean actually but they get better. That one is way too long for what you are actually doing.

30 at Best Buy now as well....thank you price matching!!  Totally zoned out while playing this yesterday. Must have played like 6 hours straight. The more powers yo get the more enjoyable the game becomes. I must admit I cheat on the damn harp quests. I find the little lyres but who the hell plays with the pen and paper on hand? And I sure as heck am not going to memorize the order so after I find them I just hit the but harp and use the internet to get the cord order.

11 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Is this something to play on my one x or should I wait for when I get a next gen console? Is there big improvements technically that I should wait to see?

Other than potentially running better I don't think there are any actual next gen doodads to wait for. If you want to play it do it now. Or maybe wait and see if it comes to game pass.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Other than potentially running better I don't think there are any actual next gen doodads to wait for. If you want to play it do it now. Or maybe wait and see if it comes to game pass.

Ok. Then this may be what I play after valhalla. Thanks.