Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time Remake - Information Thread, update: Ubisoft confirms that the game is "no longer targeting" an FY 2023 release

Brian

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, Brick said:

As much as I would like that, is it really that short? Isn't it like 10 hours long? 

A bit less than that.  It's a pretty easy game to fly through, even the first time.  

Warrior Within in the only one that feels long, but that's because it's a semi-Metroidvania.

On 2/5/2021 at 10:44 PM, crispy4000 said:

SoT is so short they should probably just remaster the entire trilogy instead, like Crash or Spyro.  Ubi’s got the money.

Technically N. Sane Trilogy was a remake, not a remaster, but I understand what you mean. 

Very happy they listened to the fans and delayed whatever the fuck that was. 

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Technically N. Sane Trilogy was a remake, not a remaster, but I understand what you mean. 

Very happy they listened to the fans and delayed whatever the fuck that was. 

Seconded. Especially the "whatever the fuck that was" part. 

I'd be excited about it if it didn't look so fucking bad. 

• 3 months later...
22 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I love Yuri’s work on the original game, but it would be rad to get… you know… someone from Iran to do the voiceover, maybe? If we’re going back to the well anyway?

I agree though since I like Yuri Lowenthal's work and it's a legacy character I can live with it but I'd be down for a recast, or at least could live with it.

Well since the game was looking pretty far along when they announced it, it does kinda look like they don't know what they're doing with it.

Although, it was a pretty small (and untested) development team working on it, and they did get a pretty big backlash due to the fact it looked more cartoony than the original, so I can see them scrambling and possibly digging themselves into a hole. Lucky for them, there are a relative handful of people actually anticipating this so there really isn't any pressure to get it out quick.

I'll definitely give it a look once it actually releases, but I can't even say it's in my top ten of games I'm looking forward to, and when it comes to the Ubi conversation, I rarely hear anyone mention it. 

• Thanks 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Remake delayed to 2022
  • 4 months later...

For fuck's sake, they could have made a new one in that amount of time.

Ubisoft would probably make less money, but also waste far less money, just making the small-ish games they used to. Back when Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six were 10-mission campaigns that could be played over and over, along with excellent multiplayer that they'd release expansions for once or twice a year.

Trying to make every single game the biggest ever wrapped in a shitty monetization model is really biting them in the ass as they play Follow The Leader into this gen. And I'm glad.

"unwavering patience" = forgot it was a thing

What gets me is that Sands of Time is a <10 hour linear game.  The design framework is already there.  It shouldn't be the type of project to see a two year delay unless someone severely miscalculated the effort, or tried to 'reimagine' it.

I re-watched the trailer today.  Never thought it looked all that bad, just the character faces could be spruced up.

34 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

What gets me is that Sands of Time is a <10 hour linear game.  The design framework is already there.  It shouldn't be the type of project to see a two year delay unless someone severely miscalculated the effort, or tried to 'reimagine' it.

I re-watched the trailer today.  Never thought it looked all that bad, just the character faces could be spruced up.

I would be more interested if they remade the entire Sands of Time trilogy as one package. That would at least justify the lengthy delay.

• 6 months later...
  • Brian changed the title to Update: Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Remake delayed again. Will be handled by Ubisoft Montreal
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:
Delayed-Games-2021-2-Cropped.jpg
WWW.THEGAMER.COM

The development of the Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake was filled with questionable decisions at almost every step.

I read that article and could only conclude that Ubisoft senior management hung those Indian studios out to dry.

• Sad 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time Remake Debacle Was A Classic Case Of Ambition Over Ability (The Gamer)