I dropped out after every season became disconnected from the previous and was just coma dreams. I heard it got better after the first (weak) coma season, but I’m glad they’re returning to the old story/continuity: this may get me back to watching it. :sun: 

I thought the first dream season was alright in content, but I have never been a fan of the noir stuff.

Danger Island was a ton of fun. Indiana Jones meets Archer is a formula that really gels and the content was really good.

Archer in space was a tiny bit of a disappointment to me. Out of all the settings, it was the one most inately interesting to me, being a big sci-fi nerd. But the setting didn't gel great with the characters and the season was a bit too meandering. Still like it more than Dreamland, though.

I fell off of Archer and Always Sunny a few years back. Not really even sure why, since I always loved both shows. Guess quarantine is a good excuse to get caught up...now I just have to figure out where I was in these shows, I think I've long-since deleted the last episodes of them that I downloaded.

2 hours ago, ort said:

I also stopped watching this, before the coma stuff I guess.

It's weird, because I did really like it, but I just kinda stopped.

I do this with games too, I'll be enjoying it and then abruptly stop for whatever reason (usually something going on in my life that just eats up my attention), and then it's hard to get myself to go through the "getting back into it" phase.

I think what happened to me is my DVR screwed up like 5 years ago and I missed a bunch of episodes and I just never went back after I got all confused about where I was in the show.

Huh. I thought I've skipped several seasons at this point, but looking through IMDB, I think the only season I haven't seen is 10 (and maybe half of season 8). 

On 9/4/2020 at 5:50 PM, Chairslinger said:

I thought the first dream season was alright in content, but I have never been a fan of the noir stuff.

Danger Island was a ton of fun. Indiana Jones meets Archer is a formula that really gels and the content was really good.

Archer in space was a tiny bit of a disappointment to me. Out of all the settings, it was the one most inately interesting to me, being a big sci-fi nerd. But the setting didn't gel great with the characters and the season was a bit too meandering. Still like it more than Dreamland, though.

This. Archer is still very funny, but the three coma seasons definitely varied in quality, with Danger Island being the best, Archer 1999 having some great episodes and some real weak ones, and then the Hollywood noir first coma season was meh.

This new season dealing with the passing of three years and no Archer influence looks great.

On 9/5/2020 at 12:26 PM, Jason said:

I fell off of Archer and Always Sunny a few years back. Not really even sure why, since I always loved both shows. Guess quarantine is a good excuse to get caught up...now I just have to figure out where I was in these shows, I think I've long-since deleted the last episodes of them that I downloaded.

Both shows, particularly It's Always Sunny, are better than ever.

• 2 weeks later...

I dropped out during the noir season. I might jump back in for this one. I wasn't entirely sold on the dream seasons but felt they had their fun but by the noir one I didn't really care for the story anymore and wanted it to go back to being more like the early seasons. 

"Oh Woodhouse what I wouldn't give to force feed you gravel one last time." :lol:

Just fyi if anyone is wondering, I checked on the episode count and unfortunately the return to the real world does not get a corresponding return to a 13 or even 10 episode season. It's still just 8 like the dream seasons.

But I agree, the first two episodes have been solid.