Jump to content

Sarah Huckabee Sanders says Trump told her to go to North Korea and take 'one for the team' after Kim Jong Un winked at her


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

No woman deserves to be sexually harassed by her boss. This really isn’t a difficult concept, but some people love to see people they don’t like hurt. 

No worries it was just locker room talk.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No woman deserves to be sexually harassed by their boss.

 

But don't expect me to cry a river over that boss, who you defended from very credible and in one case admitted sexual harassment claims (access Hollywood), turns around and does it to you. It's not a marriage, it's a job, and you're wealthy enough to not be dependent on the income. By all accounts that I can find, her and her family have just enough wealth to have "fuck you" money for at least several years.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s an interesting paragraph that ends up turning back into “she deserves it” because she could have just done something different. That is the logical implication of your post, my man. Sanders earned what she got because she was a bad man’s mouthpiece and could have left whenever she wanted. This is what undergirds the notion that one shouldn’t feel bad for the person who was sexually harassed. No getting around that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

No woman deserves to be sexually harassed by her boss. This really isn’t a difficult concept, but some people love to see people they don’t like hurt. 

 

She clearly feels Trump's victims deserved it. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If she didn't explicitly defend him from previous claims of harassment I'd have some empathy. She can't selectively use ire about the president being a serial sexual harrasser for her own benefit, to drive clicks or book sales. The credibility of her claim rests upon the credibility of the other accusers which she had no solidarity with, and whom she actively tried to discredit! It's Trump's pattern of behavior that makes these claims credible, and is what makes her claim credible. I haven't seen anything to say that she has had some change of heart on this either.

 

If bad things happen to bad people because of bad people, I do not shed a tear. Especially if they show no remorse. I'm quite consistent on this. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

If she didn't explicitly defend him from previous claims of harassment I'd have some empathy. She can't selectively use ire about the president being a serial sexual harrasser for her own benefit, to drive clicks or book sales. The credibility of her claim rests upon the credibility of the other accusers which she had no solidarity with, and whom she actively tried to discredit! It's Trump's pattern of behavior that makes these claims credible, and is what makes her claim credible. I haven't seen anything to say that she has had some change of heart on this either.

 

If bad things happen to bad people because of bad people, I do not shed a tear. Especially if they show no remorse. I'm quite consistent on this. 


I understand, this is just an explanation of why you think she deserves it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sexy_shapiro said:


If an abusive husband eventually kills his wife, is she not a victim because she didn’t leave soon enough?

Is this situation with Huckabee even CLOSE to the same thing? I would say no for a whole bunch of reasons.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Is this situation with Huckabee even CLOSE to the same thing? I would say no for a whole bunch of reasons.


So what you’re saying is that there are some situations where a woman can be sexually harassed while also not being considered a victim? Just to be clear that we’re on the same page here.

 

You can make bad decisions and still be a victim.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Huckabees are just awful people in general anyways.

 

Didn’t one brother kill dogs for fun and the other actually molested little girls or am I mixing them up with the Duggars?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:


So what you’re saying is that there are some situations where a woman can be sexually harassed while also not being considered a victim? Just to be clear that we’re on the same page here.

 

You can make bad decisions and still be a victim.

What I'm saying is that is that a wealthy woman who volunteers to work for a terrible and narcissitic human being and defends and justifies his narcissitic and behavior suffering from that same behavior is NOT the same thing as a girl being gang raped at a frat party or a woman being trapped in an abusive relationship and frankly I think it's insulting that you and others are trying to make that case. It's insulting to the victims of those crimes and its REALLY insulting to those of us you're trying to prove your moral superiority over.

 

I can't speak for other people , but I acknowledged that what happened to Hucka-Sands was wrong. I just don't feel for her either way largely because not only did she CHOOSE to to take that job, she enabled and justified  the same behavior against other women AND she could have left anytime she wanted to. Besides trying to sell books, do you think she's gonna become some kind of work place harassment advocate? No, she's gonna go on Fox News and minimize this behavior and write it off as good natured humor.

 

Sarah Hucka-Sands had AGENCY in her employment with Trump, more than most people in jobs where they are suffering under abusive and sexist bosses. Agency that the frat house gang rape victim or domestic abuse victim in the two wrong headed examples brought up in this topic didn't have. Even with that, Trump was wrong and she didn't deserve for it to happen to her. She also doesn't deserve any sympathy from me. The most I can muster up for her at this news is one big :shrug: 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

See, more “she deserves it” without using those words. That is exactly what they mean @sexy_shapiro, no need to keep teasing it out. They will just try and make you feel crazy for understanding what they quite clearly believe :p 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sblfilms said:

See, more “she deserves it” without using those words. That is exactly what they mean @sexy_shapiro, no need to keep teasing it out. They will just try and make you feel crazy for understanding what they quite clearly believe :p 

 

It's possible to think the world would be a better place if she hadn't gone experienced such harassment while also not shedding a tear over the harassment she endured. Things aren't always so black and white.

 

If she quit and joined the Lincoln Project because experiencing first hand harassment from Trump opened her eyes, then yeah. Good on her. Until then, she hasn't really done anything to garner any real sympathy.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

See, more “she deserves it” without using those words. That is exactly what they mean @sexy_shapiro, no need to keep teasing it out. They will just try and make you feel crazy for understanding what they quite clearly believe :p 

So just so I'M clear... You're actually saying that SHS's story about this incident= gang rape? Or a Woman being abused and held hostage by her husband? Those are the same things in your world? You're not bored and bullshitting me right now, right? You're actually being serious?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So just so I'M clear... You're actually saying that SHS's story about this incident= gang rape? Or a Woman being abused and held hostage by her husband? Those are the same things in your world? You're not bored and bullshitting me right now, right? You're actually being serious?

You’ve made your feelings clear by describing why she deserves it, same as Jason an bm3. I vehemently disagree with the notion that a woman ever deserves to be sexually harassed by her boss. No need to belabor the point, and you are more than welcome to the last word on this one!

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/10/27/all-of-the-women-who-have-accused-trump-of-sexual-harassment-are-lying-the-white-house-says/

Quote

“Obviously, sexual harassment has been in the news,” Jacqueline Alemany of CBS News asked Sanders. “At least 16 women accused the president of sexually harassing them throughout the course of the campaign. Last week, during a press conference in the Rose Garden, the president called these accusations ‘fake news.’ Is the official White House position that all of these women are lying?”

 

“Yeah, we’ve been clear on that from the beginning, and the president’s spoken on it,” Sanders said, before quickly pivoting to another reporter to ask a question.

 

During the Rose Garden news conference that Alemany referenced, Trump was asked about allegations made by Summer Zervos, a former contestant on his television show, “The Apprentice.” She has accused Trump of forcibly kissing her and touching her breast.

 

“All I can say is it's totally fake news. It's just fake. It's fake. It's made-up stuff, and it's disgraceful, what happens, but that happens in the — that happens in the world of politics,” Trump told reporters.

In case we forgot

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

You’ve made your feelings clear by describing why she deserves it, same as Jason an bm3. I vehemently disagree with the notion that a woman ever deserves to be sexually harassed by her boss. No need to belabor the point, and you are more than welcome to the last word on this one!

I've made my feelings clear on why she doesn't deserve any sympathy from me, yes. But I NEVER said she deserved what she says happened to her, and my first post IN this topic was me ackonwledging that she seemed to be troubled by it in the original article, but please continue to frame this debate and my position in a way that is easier for you to defend... I know that's your schtick (nice deflection of my very direct question by the way :cheers:)

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Women don't deserve that treatment.

 

For this woman, with this specific track record on *defending the person who harassed her against allegations of harassment* I'm sorry, it sucks that her boss is a monster but don't expect my heart to bleed over this case. This isn't a marriage, and her well being didn't depend on her paycheck, she did this for political reasons.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes - I utterly and unequivocally believe that those that I despise "deserve" whatever happens to them as they have more than "earned" my enmity and I relish their suffering with unbridled glee.  It absolutely "gives me life".

 

Everyone happy now?!?

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Yes - I utterly and unequivocally believe that those that I despise "deserve" whatever happens to them as they have more than "earned" my enmity and I relish their suffering with unbridled glee.  It absolutely "gives me life".

 

Everyone happy now?!?

I appreciate your honesty even though I think your POV is gross :p 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear god you people are bad at this... I'll make their argument FOR them. Rather than compare this incident to gang rape or chronic spousal abuse and go immediately nuclear, here's a more appropriate straw man that could  have been used if folks weren't so eagar to prove their moral superiority (yet again)and actually thought about what they were typing before comparing apples to shit that ain't apples. What you COULD have said is It would be like finding out Trump made a racist comment at the expense of Ben Carson and then asking if I felt bad for him. While the racism would be wrong in this example (The same as in SHS' case) I STILL wouldn't feel a LICK of sympathy for Sleepy McGee. Would I think he deserved it? No. Would I care that it happened to him? HIm specifically? Again, no. Would I immediately compare this hypothetcial situation to a lynching or a police shooting? Hell no because IT'S NOT THE SAME THING. Jesus Christ you guys really need to get out and spend some time with real live, breathing people.

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

She stood there every day defending trump. She never had to do that. She helped create this atmosphere where nobody on the right or left is going to give a shit about the bad things she is saying about trump because she spent however long calling shit like this fake news and attacks to discredit the president. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to be very clear: wanting someone to be a better person and have exhibited better judgment in their decision making and life choices IS NOT THE SAME, per se, as victim blaming. Sure, there's potential overlap one needs to be careful/wary of, but they are not the same thing. Trying to argue the two are the same is dangerous.

 

A desire for others to exhibit even the most basic better judgment that one expects and wanting them to be a morally better person (in Sanders case) can't be hard to understand.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's kinda funny that in a story about the President harassing his press secretary that the only thing not worth debating is if he did it or not.

 

 

Because of course he did.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

This thread took an interesting direction.

Of COURSE it did because D1P

 

1 hour ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Nietzsche would get a jolly kick out of it!

He would laugh his ass off at some of the sophmoric musings going on in here :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Will I feel sympathy for someone knowingly walking down a hallway full of broken glass and when their feet are cut up will I feel bad? No.

 

If Jeffery Dahmer joined the Nazi party and while he was there was raped by a member of the Nazi party would I feel bad? No.

C’mon man! John McClane didn’t have a choice.  Had to save his ex-wife n shit.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...