Why this black drive-in cinema is a big hit (BBC News)

BBC News - Why this black drive-in cinema is a big hit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53973033

Drive-in cinemas have been booming, for obvious reasons. But this one in New Jersey is also responding to the other big story of the year, by showcasing the work of black filmmakers like Jordan Peele and Spike Lee.

"I wanted to create an opportunity for black people to see themselves in a positive light," says one of the owners.

@sblfilms

• Like 1

One of the things I’m super pumped about with my new location being in the middle of Houston is that the audience is very different, and we can program much more diverse content on every level 

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@skillzdadirecta should go there

He'll probably say he's been there countless times and knows the owner though. :p

Weelllll.... haven't been there but my parents went like two weeks ago :p I don't know the owners though. Here's hoping they're able to show Tenet... I'll go see it THERE.

(Although I'm CERTAIN we have some folks in common.... Newark ain't that big :shh:)

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Weelllll.... haven't been there but my parents went like two weeks ago :p I don't know the owners though. Here's hoping they're able to show Tenet... I'll go see it THER

(Although I'm CERTAIN we have some folks in common.... Newark ain't that big :shh:)

Yeah after I posted that I almost considered going that route. I forgot you were the guy who knows a guy. :p

• Haha 1