The official RTX 3000 series launch event thread & subsequent quest to strive in vain to find one!

Mr.Vic20

23 minutes ago, stepee said:

I just realized that the good news is that by the time we actually get one of these maybe the pack in game will be the retail release of Star Citizen!

I'm not sure if this thought is pessimistic about the release time of the 3080, or optimistic about an eventual full release of Star Citizen.

• Haha 2

@stepee @Spork3245 

Might be another glitch but it's adding to cart.

14-500-502-01.jpg
WWW.NEWEGG.COM

Buy ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity 10GB GDDR6X 320-bit 19 Gbps PCIE 4.0 Gaming Graphics Card, IceStorm 2.0 Advanced Cooling, SPECTRA 2.0 RGB Lighting, ZT-A30800D-10P with fast shipping and top-rated customer service.Once you know, you Newegg!

edit: aaaaand it's gone. :salt:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, stepee said:

got to the paypal payment screen and sold out when I got to the final button

brutal

With MSI I added to cart but couldn't check out. This is insane.

Is this what my life would have been like if I didn't preorder the Switch when it came out initially?

6 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

With MSI I added to cart but couldn't check out. This is insane.

Is this what my life would have been like if I didn't preorder the Switch when it came out initially?

If the Switch was launching right now literally no human would have one. Shiggy would have to walk out on stage with a cardboard mock-up because the bots would even get the prototypes.

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

If the Switch was launching right now literally no human would have one. Shiggy would have to walk out on stage with a cardboard mock-up because the bots would even get the prototypes.

Switch Pro or 2 is gonna be impossible to get. Might have to use Gamestop.

Google Doc someone put together for the different models

I definitely would like to get the EVGA FTW Ultra or the MSI Gaming-X Trio. They seem to have the best values in regards to cooler and pre-OC’d clock speeds which should make the gap between the 3080 and 3090 virtually non-existent (if those leaked benchmarks are true).

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Google Doc someone put together for the different models

I definitely would like to get the EVGA FTW Ultra or the MSI Gaming-X Trio. They seem to have the best values in regards to cooler and pre-OC’d clock speeds which should make the gap between the 3080 and 3090 virtually non-existent (if those leaked benchmarks are true).

Wow some cards require 3 8 pin connectors? That's ridiculous 

Nvidia confirms that Vic20 is an idiot! :sun:

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3090-Hero.jpg
VIDEOCARDZ.COM

NVIDIA published a new blog post outlining the performance of the upcoming flagship ‘BFGPU’. NVIDIA: GeForce RTX 3090 is about 10-15% faster than RTX 3080 in 4K gaming, expect a limited supply The RTX 3090 graphics card featuring 10496 CUDA cores and 24GB of GDDR6X memory is launching tomorrow. Users will be able to read […]

Since we built GeForce RTX 3090 for a unique group of users, like the TITAN RTX before it, we want to apologise upfront that this will be in limited supply on launch day. We know this is frustrating, and we’re working with our partners to increase the supply in the weeks to come.

— NVIDIA

9 minutes ago, morph89 said:

Ugh, almost seems like that's kind of the point...if they're essentially the same chip, I'm sure Nvidia would prefer to sell the that's double the price.

I think he means that 10-15% faster isn't enough to justify the price of the 3090. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

I think he means that 10-15% faster isn't enough to justify the price of the 3090. 

Oh I know, but if stock is so constrained right now, Nvidia might be banking on people buying the 3090 out of desperation. It's cynical and I hope I'm wrong, but if Nvidia can only make lets say 10,000 cards right now--it's in their best interest to sell as many of those at double the price as possible. Scalping and low inventory are gonna drive the cost of the 3080 up to $1K+ anyway, so might as well sell them at an inflated price.

In a way the pricing still worked out better than I assumed. I expected the 3080 to be more like a 2080ti in performance, and there to be a 3080ti that had the gains of the 3080 for $1200 or whatever. So overall I’m happy with just the 3080 exceeding expectations for its price and the 3090 just being the weird Titan equivalent made solely for vic to buy.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

In a way the pricing still worked out better than I assumed. I expected the 3080 to be more like a 2080ti in performance, and there to be a 3080ti that had the gains of the 3080 for $1200 or whatever. So overall I’m happy with just the 3080 exceeding expectations for its price and the 3090 just being the weird Titan equivalent made solely for vic to buy.

I think originally the rumors were (for the 3080) 10% better than the 2080 Ti, BUT, no performance loss under ray-tracing.