The official RTX 3000 series launch event thread & subsequent quest to strive in vain to find one!

Mr.Vic20

13 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I have no idea if this is legitimate, but if it is, holy F the 3090 is not worth it:

3080v309047j7s.png

@sblfilms @Mr.Vic20 @Ominous 

For reference, an OCed 3080 (~100mhz) seems to get a 4.5-6% performance boost, making this gap even more wtf considering the price. The only reason to go 3090 would be VRAM.

I mean sli was a 0 percent increase a lot of times... 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Ominous said:

The ZOTAC store had a the 3080 in stock a few minutes ago. Their store is down for maintenance, but I'm gonna f5 it.... 

It's been doing this since midnight. They tweeted that they would have some units available after midnight but it's just crashed then gone into maintenance over and over since then. No one has gotten any cards from it so hopefully they should be available once/if it gets back up.

1 hour ago, Ominous said:

I mean sli was a 0 percent increase a lot of times... 🤷🏻‍♂️

This isn't SLI. Buying a pre-OCed (by 100mhz) 3080 makes the difference 5% and $600+ extra in your bank account if it's true :p 

At least in SLI supported games you'd get at least a ~25% boost.

The could almost be the equivalent of going for an RTX Titan over a 2080 Ti 

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

I have no idea if this is legitimate, but if it is, holy F the 3090 is not worth it:

3080v309047j7s.png

@sblfilms @Mr.Vic20 @Ominous 

For reference, an OCed 3080 (~100mhz) seems to get a 4.5-6% performance boost, making this gap even more wtf considering the price. The only reason to go 3090 would be VRAM.

New 3080s have already been leaked with 20 GB, so no reason at all unless you cant wait

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

could you maybe just adjust that?

The undervolt would leave issues with OCing and the voltage is being limited via the BIOS so you can't just adjust it. Some people on the ResetERA thread are claiming issues getting even 50mhz out of it - but I think they could be pulling that out of their ass because who even has one of these Zotac cards besides reviewers, and the same reviewer did get a 100mhz+ OC which pushed the card to be 5% faster than the FE... so, who the F knows.

@stepee

Here's the review:

WWW.TECHPOWERUP.COM

Zotac's GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity comes with up to five years of warranty and a large triple-slot, triple-fan cooler. In our review, we saw excellent noise levels that are much better than the Founders Edition, and it runs cooler as well. A very solid card for $699.