The official RTX 3000 series launch event thread & subsequent quest to strive in vain to find one!

Mr.Vic20

1 minute ago, Boyle5150 said:

well I'm stuck with a measly little 2070super, so I suppose I should just get a 2080ti for now

U should be fine with a Super for now. Best to wait for a 3080. Hell you might even be alright to wait for the 4xxx series. Depending on your resolution.

Just now, Boyle5150 said:

Flight Simulator is kicking my ass, even at 3440x1440

It is doing that to all of us. We probably won't see a big boost in performance until they add DX12. Crap I want to play now. I stopped because I am grinding the Soviet tank tree in Warthunder. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

Same. Just gonna show up in the morning at microcenter and see if they got in any.

Failing that I will probably wait and see what I can find. The RX 6700 might be on the cards at that point.

The closest Microcenter to me is 45 minutes away. I was thinking about driving down on the 24th but they aren't exactly helpful on any specifics. I texted them to see what the line was like this morning for 3080s (apparently people were there pretty early) and they just referred me to a generic FAQ. They were completely unhelpful since I just wanted to know if they were even going to get 3090s and if making the drive was worth the effort. I'm not driving down at 4AM. It isn't that important.

1 minute ago, Link200 said:

The closest Microcenter to me is 45 minutes away. I was thinking about driving down on the 24th but they aren't exactly helpful on any specifics. I texted them to see what the line was like this morning for 3080s (apparently people were there pretty early) and they just referred me to a generic FAQ. They were completely unhelpful since I just wanted to know if they were even going to get 3090s and if making the drive was worth the effort. I'm not driving down at 4AM. It isn't that important.

Ya they dont really know what is going on. I am not sure why Nvidia wants this launch to be so secret. Probably just to drive up hype/demand. I live in Paterson and was shocked that people lined up last night. They only got in 12 cards in total. 

I compare it to my 5700XT experience. They weren't sure how many they were getting but I went when they opened and picked one up. Was the 2nd person to do so. They had about 22 or 24 in total.

40 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

I got in line at Micro Center at 3am, I was 33rd in line. When the store opened at 10am I was informed that they only had 32 cards..... RIP me.

That doesn't deserve a RIP.

That deserves an F. Fs in chat boys for thedarkstark.

Quest 2 256GB: preordered

PS5 Digital: preordered

RTX 3080: ordered, though I’ll hold off on install until I see what happens with the 3090

Series X: waiting to preorder

What a stupidly expensive gaming week for me.

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Quest 2 256GB: preordered

PS5 Digital: preordered

RTX 3080: ordered, though I’ll hold off on install until I see what happens with the 3090

Series X: waiting to preorder

What a stupidly expensive gaming week for me.

Dad don’t forget about me. My birthday is coming up. :hug:

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Where did you order the 3080 from?

My brother got one in on the Nvidia store I believe it was, but he didn’t actually want it, so he is sending it to me instead. He got cold feet on the purchase almost immediately 😂

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

... Is... is your brother a bot...? :s

He IS a software developer, so I could be communicating with the bot version of him like that episode of Silicon Valley 😂

1 minute ago, Rev said:

Apparently Nvidia said in a forum that they're going to cancel orders made by bots and update the stock but everyone on Reddit thinks it's PR bullshit. Still a ray of hope.

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:
WWW.NVIDIA.COM

{{MetaTags.og.description}}

Suroosh @ NVIDIA wrote