The official RTX 3000 series launch event thread & subsequent quest to strive in vain to find one!

Mr.Vic20

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

I don't think Amazon has gone up yet has it? That would be the last chance I guess.

If I wind up getting one and am able to get a 3090 next week (pending reviews), you can have my 3080 for what I paid for it + shipping... and a cookie. A good cookie, not some grocery store BS.

6 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

If I wind up getting one and am able to get a 3090 next week (pending reviews), you can have my 3080 for what I paid for it + shipping... and a cookie. A good cookie, not some grocery store BS.

I would get you the best fucking cookie I swear.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

Now we can only hope RDNA2 doesn't suck? Really would have liked something now to reply Alyx, but really want something new before Cyberpunk.

Chances are slim. Unless AMD has some answer to DLSS that won't be ignored and fantastic RT performance that meets or exceeds the 30XX series, we're all at nVidia's mercy. :p 

WWW.NVIDIA.COM

{{MetaTags.og.description}}

Suroosh @ NVIDIA wrote

This morning we saw unprecedented demand for the GeForce RTX 3080 at global retailers, including the NVIDIA online store. At 6 a.m. pacific we attempted to push the NVIDIA store live. Despite preparation, the NVIDIA store was inundated with traffic and encountered an error. We were able to resolve the issues and sales began registering normally.

To stop bots and scalpers on the NVIDIA store, we’re doing everything humanly possible, including manually reviewing orders, to get these cards in the hands of legitimate customers.

Over 50 major global retailers had inventory at 6 a.m. pacific. Our NVIDIA team and partners are shipping more RTX 3080 cards every day to retailers.

We apologize to our customers for this morning's experience.

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

If AMD has something, move that shit up. Lots of angry consumers right now. Even if you only get 10% to switch, that’s gotta be considered a win. 

If AMD had anything to compete with these cards, they'd have pushed the announcement up to before the pre-order date. 

I'm pulling for them, but I don't expect much in the form of high end competition. 

36 minutes ago, Link200 said:

I will be trying to grab a 3090. I likely wont get one based on this launch. I would make a bot if I knew the websites well enough to make it happen. Then again the bot would probably be too slow since I am not the best programmer.

Same. Just gonna show up in the morning at microcenter and see if they got in any.

Failing that I will probably wait and see what I can find. The RX 6700 might be on the cards at that point.