The official RTX 3000 series launch event thread & subsequent quest to strive in vain to find one!

Mr.Vic20

2 minutes ago, Ominous said:

I kinda want to hook this up to my c7, but space in the living room is already at a premium 

Run them wires!

Actually, with a C7, just use use the SteamLink app. It can do 4k HDR 60fps wirelessly if you have the bandwidth. The reason to physically attach it to a C9/X is for the VRR/GSync

5 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

377-C26-E3-F00-B-4953-83-C7-A7-A5-A44-B5
Soon, this will be us no more

@Mr.Vic20 @Ominous @Zaku3 @stepee
:daydream: 

So hyped. I have no clue how I am gonna buy the 3080 as a back up and not end up installing it. 

Woke up last night at like 3am and all I could think about was the new cards. 

Also side note Flight Sim is definitely the new Crysis. 

Why can't the 3090 come out the same day as the 3080. 

7 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Do the cards from nVidia have RGB? I'm not looking for anything insane, my current EVGA card just lights up the text on the side ("EVGA RTX 2080 TI") - I'm looking for the same from the official nVidia ones as I'm SUPER concerned about AIB pricing being ridiculous by comparison.

My MSI one has RGB on it. I might wait and see what they bring out so I can carry on the tradition.

26 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Do the cards from nVidia have RGB? I'm not looking for anything insane, my current EVGA card just lights up the text on the side ("EVGA RTX 2080 TI") - I'm looking for the same from the official nVidia ones as I'm SUPER concerned about AIB pricing being ridiculous by comparison.

Just a basic LED name plate

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti review | TechRadar

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Lighting on the nVidia cards is still under embargo.  Rumours suggest there is simple white lighting on it.

22 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

@hardact , a couple of things make me not really worried about Nvidia dropping a Christmas surprise in the form of a ti variant, those include:

1.) The 3080 and the 3090 will both offer 60FPS in 4K, if not higher frame rates for a few years

2.) DLSS 2.0/2.1 is gaining adoption, which will further extend the life of these cards

3.) 8K doesn't make a lot of sense for almost all use cases right now, outside of VR, and those special few who somehow want to sit 3-5 feet from a 77" display. (note: this is not advised :epilepsy:)

So go right ahead Nvidia, I'm not going to need that extra power for at least another year, by which time there will inevitably be newer, faster cards to fawn over. As for TVs LG is still in "pole position" with their C series, although recent reporting indicates all models up through their latest 2020 units suffer from a general "greying" when attempting to use the supported VRR feature of HDMI 2.1 standard. So, the quest continues for the "perfect" 4K OLED for gaming. That said, I'm definitely not sad about my C9, its damn near perfect! 

Wanted a C9 so bad but I just can't do it. In reality I want a 85 inch display with 2.1, g-sync 4k {dont care about 8k obviously} and 120htz @4k. The C9 is expencive {understandably} and only max 77"  LOL!!!

I have a Samsung Q8fn 65" and it's so good for the price I paid! Not a LG C9, but you know. Like I have said, I will not be preordering these cards, I'm just 1 year on my 2080Ti / i7 9700k so i'm just excited is all. Having the time to watch and really see exactly what I want is nice and had it not been for the FUCKING CAMP fire in paradise Ca I'd be building and spending money like crazy. That isn't my life now, I love my rig and my Xbox one. I do want a PS5 but again, not jumping this year! I can only play @1440p if I want 120Htz refresh rate and having no other option but V-sync hurts a bit. So back-n-forth 4k/60htz or 1440/120htz is easy on PC anyways.

Just love the time we are in and it's harder with Covid-19 as we are inside so much more. I appreciate you words and your right! like you, I'm good right now. Next year around this time I might be in the build a new amazing future proof pc but mean it this time. Not just 2 years, but 5yrs? It's really possible for the very first time if your wanting high standards and finally not have to upgrade so much! 

So I mentioned the 3090 as for the first time maybe that card can really provide the specs needed to build and just enjoy and not be held back. We know thw Zotec extreme amp 2080Ti I have now in all it's glory, isn't  giving us 4k/ ultra settings every box checked. Near Future games will only require more possibly. So we were't there...Until now???

15 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Seems curious that Nvidia would move away from their brand's color, so my guess is that it is actually an RGB this time. That's just a guess of course, I have nothing to back my belief. 

Nvidia's RTX 3080 is in the test rig right now but I can't take my eyes off its white LEDs

I had heard elsewhere that the LEDs were still under embargo :silly:, but PC Gamer is reporting that they are white.