~*The Music Thread*`

I wouldn't normally post this but maybe that means that you'll be able to appreciate this as well:

Roman Kim - Dies Irae

Now, I myself am just a humble, passive Classical music enthusiast but I'm told that if you're a violinist yourself then this is twice as amazing. Apparently Roman Kim is kind of a prodigy, a virtuoso, a once-in-a-generation talent. While that was one of his own compositions, he's also playing typical violin pieces like Paganini's variations on the theme of "God Save The King" as well as variations of existing works that he modified himself. Examples include his one-man rendition of Mozart's "Eine kleine Nachtmusik" (which, let us remember, is actually written for string quartet) and even Beethoven's 5th symphony (and we're not just talking about the original violin parts here but rather an impression of the whole thing).

2 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

Colombian women are hot. The song itself is a cool Spanish language electro pop tune. I’ve always liked Shakira.

Did you check out the top albums thread or were you out of commission back then?

I can't say there's really anything on my list you will enjoy but it does have more cool Spanish language stuff on it. :p

Spoiler

30 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Did you check out the top albums thread or were you out of commission back then?

I can't say there's really anything on my list you will enjoy but it does have more cool Spanish language stuff on it. :p

I was still in the hospital when you posted your list, so I missed it. I just checked it out, and I really like Fallujah and Karg. Thanks.

• Hugs 1

On 2/25/2023 at 5:27 AM, Dodger said:

So far I’m going to 5 concerts this year

Mastodon with Gojira

Disturbed

Ghost

Metallica

Guns N Roses

I wasn't in a position to afford a concert last year trying to figure out work with the pain I was in and sadly missed Mastodon with Opeth (Opeth is one of the best shows I've seen). Might have to check them out with Gojira since I haven't seen Mastodon yet.

18 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

I wasn't in a position to afford a concert last year trying to figure out work with the pain I was in and sadly missed Mastodon with Opeth (Opeth is one of the best shows I've seen). Might have to check them out with Gojira since I haven't seen Mastodon yet.

I haven't made it to an Opeth show and they have been here once or twice since I've lived here. Next time they hit Phoenix I'll make sure I go. 

1 hour ago, Dodger said:

I haven't made it to an Opeth show and they have been here once or twice since I've lived here. Next time they hit Phoenix I'll make sure I go. 

Mikael Åkerfeldt is an absolute rock god his stage presence is immense. On top of that the band just knows how to jam like no other I've seen.

• Halal 1

On 3/4/2023 at 2:00 PM, SimpleG said:

Melodeath 

AHEM

On 2/14/2023 at 1:17 PM, GeneticBlueprint said:

The creative heads of two of my favorite black metal outfits have joined forces and I'm shooting ropes. It sounds like they mixed their styles with some 90s Gothenburg sauce and the result is magic.

Nuclear Blast has had a 24/7 metal live stream going since the 2nd.

Pretty cool they are able to do this but they have a pretty massive catalog so they can pull it off.

A small aside for all you youngins out there. Back in the day one way to discover new music was through the Nuclear Blast or Century Media catalog that would come in the mail. 👴

Great Ambient synth album, the longer it goes the more you get drawn in. 

Not the biggest fan of core but this pretty good

One of my new favorites. The band refers to it as " garage black metal". Black tends to be very one note and if its recorded through one of these

,Vintage 1980s Fisher Price Toy Cassette Player Tape Recorder TESTED product image 1 of 3 slides

it can be a turn off. This has just enough lo fi quality but not shit quality recording and its not all blast beats or frozen tundra atmo thats been done to death. It does have the BM raspy vocals. 

Crusty black/punk

Another new favorite. Its oppressive at times , not Primitive Man levels of oppressive but just enough that it doesnt wear out its welcome.