~*The Music Thread*`

On 10/16/2020 at 8:43 PM, SimpleG said:

Easily one of the best albums of all time.

Creedence were a fucking incredible band in general but I agree, this album particularly is fantastic. Run Through The Jungle is amazing. 

On a side note, apparently the '3rd Generation' sign on that post on the cover is a reference to some critic calling them basically less than previous Bay Area bands. A '3rd Generation Band'.

Great soundtrack even if its my least favorite of the Trilogy, the LP was a bit on the expensive side though.

So many good bands on this

The Cure

NIN

RATM

Violent Femmes

Henry Rollins

Jesus and Mary Chain

Cocteau Twins

Stars And Topsoil

Ive become some what addicted to dream pop

On 10/30/2020 at 11:27 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

I've always been a fan of this one (which is actually the next track on that album lulz)

This is actually my favorite Cocteau Twins track as well. And to tie it into me posting about The Fog in the other thread, I have a really vivid memory of leaving Point Reyes lighthouse and putting on Garlands for the drive back. The fog there really is about as thick as soup so it was perfect. 

When I was about 20, I played in a really shitty band and tried really hard to copy the bass sound and melodies of Garlands

• Like 1

spacer.png

Looks like Escailles de Lune is getting re-issued in a sexy 48 page book and 1 bonus track.

Prophecy Products reissue this modern classic in lavish editions that reflect the intentions of their creator. The strictly limited "Sand Edition" box set includes among many other collector's items, a crystal clear hand-crafted vinyl that contains real sand from the beach that Neige used to frequent while writing these songs! Less flamboyantly luxurious but nonetheless beautiful comes the "Ocean Edition" with a sea-blue-black vinyl. Both editions include the hardcover CD book, which is also available separately and among other items offers a preface by Neige, liner-notes and more artwork. Further Gatefold coloured vinyl versions are also available.

Anniversary edition::
- CD hardcover book (18x18 cm, 48 pages) with hotfoil-embossed cover, preface by Neige, artwork sketches, liner notes and bonus track

I already have this album but I'm a pretty big sucker for CDs that come with a book. :thinking:

King Crimson - Red

One of those bands I never really got into based on the albums I had heard. A friend recently played this for me at his house and I was especially taken with this track Fallen Angel, especially the use of horns in that...I guess 'chorus' section? That riff and the horns together are just fantastic. This album is great from front to back. 

The fact this came out in '74 is wild to me as well, this sounds like maybe early 80's to me. 

I've been absolutely hooked on this album since it dropped: 

GISM reissued their first album. So good. been on heavy rotation

Ive been re-listening to this since the new album is dropping soon. so chaotic. cant wait for the new album

and the new Flaming Lips album is really good.. but this particular song is absolutely amazing

I've had basically the entirety of Bring Me the Horizon's latest EP stuck in my head for the last month. Bring Me the Horizon isn't normally my kind of thing, but their new EP is basically just the right mix of hooky, heavy, and poppy that bores itself deep down into the recesses of my brain and makes itself at home.

Their song "Kingslayer" featuring BabyMetal is probably the biggest example of this:

Did I ever ask for a collaboration between Bring Me the Horizon and Babymetal? No, I didn't. But now that it's here, I'm really not mad at it.

Also I can't help the little boy in me that totally gets off on binary chuggy guitar riffs.

As I mentioned above, Ive been waiting for the new Akhyls album come in the mail and I recieved it a little while ago... and HOLY FUCK does it deliver. I think its my AOTY. It's just absolutely chaotic intensity and really builds on The Dreaming I. Definitely give this a listen if you like Black Metal