~*The Music Thread*`

26 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Also, I picked up the new Muse album. Haven't listened to much of it yet but they released this single back in July that I've listened to quite a few times. Muse at their hardest:

Thats a good one as well.

They just released this 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

About 4 years ago there was great compilation album that was raising money for women's right

Cliterati - "Fast & Frightening" (L7 cover) | Black Flags Over Brooklyn

One of my favorite tracks was by a band called Sonja , after many years they are releasing an album and it releases this month.

The video is NSFW but the song is super catchy and more in vein of a 80's Goth rock so easy to listen to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Not that it should come as any surprise to you based on knowing the type of music that I generally like, but I really dig this and will be preordering the album tomorrow along with a lot of other new releases. However, Amazon has it listed as coming out October 14th.

On 9/13/2022 at 9:14 PM, Phaseknox said:

Not that it should come as any surprise to you based on knowing the type of music that I generally like, but I really dig this and will be preordering the album tomorrow along with a lot of other new releases. However, Amazon has it listed as coming out October 14th.

Glad you liked it.  Check their band camp if you wanna directly support them , plus you can pick up the vinyl if that's you're thing. 

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

Glad you liked it.

Quite a bit actually, please don’t hesitate to always share artists/bands like this here as I’m constantly on the lookout for new music. Thanks.

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

Check their band camp if you wanna directly support them , plus you can pick up the vinyl if that's you're thing. 

I buy my albums exclusively on CD, I have been since the 90s and my CD collection is astronomical. I preordered this from Amazon yesterday along with several other new releases.

5 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

I buy my albums exclusively on CD, I have been since the 90s and my CD collection is astronomical. I preordered this from Amazon yesterday along with several other new releases.

You can buy albums on CD from Bandcamp, this one included. Can even get the cassette version.

Artists even get a bigger cut (if you care about that) if you participate in Bandcamp Fridays.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You can buy albums on CD from Bandcamp, this one included. Can even get the cassette version.

Artists even get a bigger cut (if you care about that) if you participate in Bandcamp Fridays.

I didn’t know that, and I do care about artists getting a bigger cut. Thanks for the heads up.

27 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I didn’t know that, and I do care about artists getting a bigger cut. Thanks for the heads up.

That being said it is only on the first Friday of every month so you missed this month, you'll have to wait till October to do so

0022832528_171.jpg
DAILY.BANDCAMP.COM

The revenue share is 10% - 15%

• 3 weeks later...

I finally received my big music CD order, and so far I’ve listened to the new albums by Five Finger Death Punch, KMFDM, Pig and Slipknot. They’re all really good IMO except for the new KMFDM, it’s unfortunately a mixed bag like their previous album was. The two worst songs on the album are the rap and reggae songs with guest vocalists, they’re completely out of place on the album and shouldn’t have been included especially the reggae one which doesn’t even sound like KMFDM sonically. The other songs are hit and miss, some are really good and some are average.

KMFDM has been one of my favorite bands since the 80s, yes the 80s I’m old. :p So it’s disappointing that their more recent output hasn’t been as consistently strong as their past stuff. The new Pig album is basically the new KMFDM album as far as I’m concerned, because it sounds like their past material a lot more than their newer stuff does. And that’s because Pig is Raymond Watts, he used to be in KMFDM. His new album sounds like older KMFDM when he was in the band, and that’s part of why I like it so much because that’s when KMFDM were at their best IMO.

The new Five Finger Death Punch and Slipknot albums are some of their their best work IMO, in fact the new Slipknot album just might be their best. Their previous album was pretty good, but this one is even better. Both are very strong albums from start to finish, and pack a powerful punch.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Its been a while my fellow metalheads in this thread. There has been a ton of good shit recently, some may have been posted already: 

#1 has been on constant rotation because its fucking INCREDIBLE. Native-American Black Metal from the Adirondacks. I copped the CD when it came out and just grabbed the LE deluxed vinyl. Its sooo good. BLACK BRAID. For fans of Sargeist or that Finnish sound without all the Nazi bullshit

Grave Pilgrim from Oregon. They have an EP and just released another EP. Both are amazing. Just copped the vinyl for the new album. High recommend. 

Kanonenfieber from Germany. WW1 themed BM along the lines of 1914 but more straight up melodic BM than Death metal. Simply amazing stuff and the dudes anti-fascist (at least as far as I know).  I highly recommend checking out his other bands - Leipa and Non Est Deus

Night Of the Vampire from Texas. They only have a short EP out right now, but Im hooked on it. Like Halloween BM.  Cant wait to hear what else they do

Faidra from Sweden- This is a straight up Burzum clone..but you can feel good listening to it without the filth of Varg fucking up the mood

Baphomet - The dead shall inherit. This is some old school NYDM from Buffalo that somehow slipped through the cracks for me all these years. The album is from 1992 and none of their other albums sound like this. I love it from start to finish

Sentient Horror from New Jersey. More old school sounding death metal. This is the new album which is damn good..but I admit I do prefer their first. 

Last but not least, the MIGHTY Pyrexia from my hometown!! The true OGs of Brutal DM with Suffocation and Internal Bleeding (all from my town). They make me proud all three of these bands are still at it. This album fucking rocks.

OH SHIT.... I COMPLETELY FORGOT...

Fucking LAMP OF MURMUUR from Los Angeles. THEY ARE FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!! They have a bunch of eps out and they have already sky-rocketed into cult status and the albums go for hundreds on discogs. Luckily Death Prayer Records out of the UK is re-releasing alot of their shit. Below is my favorite album, but I highly recommend checking all of it out (Heir of Ecliptical Romanticism is a hot 2nd for me)..they even have some dungeon snyth in there that rocks. He has another project called Silent Thunder which is also really good. 

On 11/8/2022 at 10:14 AM, atom631 said:

Night Of the Vampire from Texas. They only have a short EP out right now, but Im hooked on it. Like Halloween BM.  Cant wait to hear what else they do

I really like this, goth synth with a bit of heaviness. Reminds me of goth rock that I listened to in the 80s and 90s. Hopefully they’ll release a full length album soon.

On 11/8/2022 at 11:14 AM, atom631 said:

#1 has been on constant rotation because its fucking INCREDIBLE. Native-American Black Metal from the Adirondacks. I copped the CD when it came out and just grabbed the LE deluxed vinyl. Its sooo good. BLACK BRAID. For fans of Sargeist or that Finnish sound without all the Nazi bullshit

This is my AOTY, nothing even remotely comes close. I ordered the vinyl and previously bought a T-shirt a month or two ago, shirt was not good.

• Like 1