~*The Music Thread*`

Speaking of Lantlôs, I know some of you might say WTF at that last song because originally they were a Black Metal band. They've certainly changed their sound over time. I went back to listen to Melting Sun because it never clicked with me one way or another. But I started enjoying it more. Like gives me strong Devin Townsend vibes if you're into that @Dodger

New album dropped last Friday. They have dropped the black metal aspect of their music and gone full shoe gaze/ post rock. It real fucking good if you are into that style . Its gonna make my top 3 of the year no problem.

NOFX - White trash 2 Heebs and a Bean

Easy quick fun punk

• 3 weeks later...

If you enjoy bands like Elder or Baroness this could be your jam.

Taiwanese black metal

Very hard Death

Super listenable 70 rock/funk/psych . 

Lil Nas X - Montero 

Lil%20Nas%20X%20Montero.jpg?itok=N649KRf

Something that took a minute to happen - an empowered gay rapper with a surplus of songwriting talent, eye for amazing visuals that elevate gay and bi perspective beyond what generations of low budgets and gatekeeping could restrain, and a sharp sense of humor that's a healthy fuck you to heteronormative often white culture that's been laughing at negative LGBTQA stereotypes and contributing to them for lifetimes.

Saying that, you can still definitely sense potential for growth (what if Industry Baby and Dolla Sign Slime were blessed with a more sky's-the-limit, state of the art production?  What about more exploration of his serious side appearing in tracks like Sun Goes Down and One of Me?).

Nonetheless a game changing pop album that should contribute to inspiring good art for generations moving forward.  8/10  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone posted a picture of Space Cadet 3D Pinball on Twitter and it took me back to when I'd play the game for hours with Hoobastank and 36 Crazyfists on repeat.

I don't like most of 36 Crazyfists discography, but Waterhaul, Destroy the Map, and Bloodwork from A Snow Capped Romance are such bangers. Hoobastank... hasn't aged as well for me. I've liked it less and less over the years.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Didnt do much for me but I am burned out on stoner/doom/occult rock. I do like the Folk horror theme though.

It's rare a stoner/doom/occult rock album does it for me but when it does... it really does. I love the grooves, fuzz and lyrics here! I thought the Dream Theater album was going to top my list this year but this came out alongside it (and I had to knock half a point of the DT album for a couple unoriginal rifts/lyrics that sounded way too much like previous songs in their catalog).

• 2 weeks later...