~Rate the Last Album You Listened to Thread~

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Gatecreeper surprise-dropped a new album today. 8 songs. Seven of which are about one minute long each. The last is 11 minutes long.

I really want this on vinyl but Ive spent so damn much on vinyl this past weeks.

A few arrived in the mail this week

IMG-1234

The Cramps

Filthy surf rockabilly punk

The Midnight

Synthwave

Type O

One of the greats of Metal

Peter Steele would be 59 this month

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, SimpleG said:

A few arrived in the mail this week

IMG-1234

The Cramps

Filthy surf rockabilly punk

The Midnight

Synthwave

Type O

One of the greats of Metal

Peter Steele would be 59 this month

Love The Cramps and Type O. The guitar tone on October Rust alone is pure 'New York in the fall' and I always pull it out during that season. Wolf Moon is fucking great.

Fun fact: Pete-ah is buried about five miles from my house and people from the Metal scene here pretty regularly visit him. I've been a few times myself especially because they were my ex's favorite band.

On 11/10/2020 at 5:25 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

spacer.png

Looks like Escailles de Lune is getting re-issued in a sexy 48 page book and 1 bonus track.

I already have this album but I'm a pretty big sucker for CDs that come with a book. :thinking:

So I ended up getting this. It's pretty much as it's described. There's a forward by Neige describing how he got the idea for the album. And some other written material. A lot of pictures of Neige and the lyrics are all translated. There's a bonus track too.

The book isn't blue like it is in the picture though it's pretty much nearly black, or a very dark navy.

Having already owned the album previously I'm pretty happy with it but if you've never heard or owned the album this is pretty much an essential purchase. (as I've stated previously in the must have album thread)

So this album doesn't officially come out until the 19th. However, since I ordered the book album it arrived already. The dang thing is nearly 90 minutes long!

Pretty good stuff so far. The above track is a B-side that only comes with the wooden box set though.

@GeneticBlueprint

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So this album doesn't officially come out until the 19th. However, since I ordered the book album it arrived already. The dang thing is nearly 90 minutes long!

Pretty good stuff so far. The above track is a B-side that only comes with the wooden box set though.

@GeneticBlueprint

Nice. I ordered the vinyl. Can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Turkish folk psychedelic 

Grind but its doesnt hit you over the  head so much like other bands do. They slow it down at times but also add a black element to it.

I got the new album by The Pretty Reckless, and it’s really good. It’s better than their previous album IMO, which I found to be a little disappointing compared to their first two albums. If you like female fronted rock music, you should check it out.

The Pretty Reckless - Death By Rock and Roll