~Rate the Last Album You Listened to Thread~

On 9/11/2020 at 10:53 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

There are a couple of bands that come to mind, though keep in mind it's hard to say "This sounds like Ulver" when Ulver sounds like EVERYTHING :p

Thee Maldoror Kollective

Manes

Coil (But you probably know them already)

Bonus Hellraiser music!

I really like Coil and have at least ten of their albums actually. Horse Rotorvator, Scatology and Musick To Play In The Dark are two I go back to frequently. 

Regarding Ulver, I'm a big fan of their first album Bergtatt but never really got into other albums I've heard over time. 

Also some other early UK Industrial/Experimental I really dug was Test Dept, this being one of my favorite tracks by them:

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 2:17 PM, GeneticBlueprint said:

Oh yeah finally got around to listening to this. I enjoyed it. Thanks for the old man nipples! :peace:

Weird that they usually send me an email about such things but didn't get one for this or that new Karg EP that came out. Lame!

On 10/16/2020 at 8:43 PM, SimpleG said:

Easily one of the best albums of all time.

Creedence were a fucking incredible band in general but I agree, this album particularly is fantastic. Run Through The Jungle is amazing. 

On a side note, apparently the '3rd Generation' sign on that post on the cover is a reference to some critic calling them basically less than previous Bay Area bands. A '3rd Generation Band'.

I've been rediscovering my early teenage love for Autopsy. The sound and mix alone really do it for me on this album, sleazy and trashy. Just an ugly, mean-spirited album and the drumming is fucking ace. 

Great soundtrack even if its my least favorite of the Trilogy, the LP was a bit on the expensive side though.

So many good bands on this

The Cure

NIN

RATM

Violent Femmes

Henry Rollins

Jesus and Mary Chain

Cocteau Twins

Stars And Topsoil

Ive become some what addicted to dream pop

4 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Cocteau Twins

Stars And Topsoil

Ive become some what addicted to dream pop

I've always been a fan of this one (which is actually the next track on that album lulz)

• Upvote 1
On 10/30/2020 at 11:27 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

I've always been a fan of this one (which is actually the next track on that album lulz)

This is actually my favorite Cocteau Twins track as well. And to tie it into me posting about The Fog in the other thread, I have a really vivid memory of leaving Point Reyes lighthouse and putting on Garlands for the drive back. The fog there really is about as thick as soup so it was perfect. 

When I was about 20, I played in a really shitty band and tried really hard to copy the bass sound and melodies of Garlands

• Like 1

spacer.png

Looks like Escailles de Lune is getting re-issued in a sexy 48 page book and 1 bonus track.

Prophecy Products reissue this modern classic in lavish editions that reflect the intentions of their creator. The strictly limited "Sand Edition" box set includes among many other collector's items, a crystal clear hand-crafted vinyl that contains real sand from the beach that Neige used to frequent while writing these songs! Less flamboyantly luxurious but nonetheless beautiful comes the "Ocean Edition" with a sea-blue-black vinyl. Both editions include the hardcover CD book, which is also available separately and among other items offers a preface by Neige, liner-notes and more artwork. Further Gatefold coloured vinyl versions are also available.

Anniversary edition::
- CD hardcover book (18x18 cm, 48 pages) with hotfoil-embossed cover, preface by Neige, artwork sketches, liner notes and bonus track

I already have this album but I'm a pretty big sucker for CDs that come with a book. :thinking:

King Crimson - Red

One of those bands I never really got into based on the albums I had heard. A friend recently played this for me at his house and I was especially taken with this track Fallen Angel, especially the use of horns in that...I guess 'chorus' section? That riff and the horns together are just fantastic. This album is great from front to back. 

The fact this came out in '74 is wild to me as well, this sounds like maybe early 80's to me.