I'm back, boys.

Nokra

For the first time since 2011, (almost 10 years :shock:) I'm building a gaming PC. My Steam backlog is still huge but I hope to be able to join you all for some shenanigans in some new games very soon. 

My system:

CPU - Ryzen 3900x

Cooler - Noctua NH-C14S

Mobo - MSI Meg x570 Unify

GPU - ZOTAC Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4 GB

RAM - 32 GB DDR4 PC3200

SSD - 1 TB 970 Samsung Evo NVMe

PSU - Corsair RMX850x, 80+ Gold

I kind of went "light" on the GPU assuming that I would be upgrading that once the new Ampere cards are cheaper and I've worked through my backlog a bit :lol:  but from my understanding, this should at least give me good performance at 1080p. 

The 3900x is going to be awesome for various programming projects I'll have and video compression. :dancing:

So how did I do? 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bjomesphat said:

I'm in the same boat. Built my PC in 2012 I think and it's about now time for a full upgrade. Only upgraded the GPU once.

Still think I'm going to wait until at least 2021. Though depending on what happens with Elden Ring could speed up the process a bit.

Our processors should hold out until then. I am still hoping Ryzen 4xxx is a worthwhile upgrade.