What do you think @Bacon is having for dinner tonight?

Chris-

Asparagus?

I don't think I have had it.

What is your favorite breakfast cereal?

Hmm. I don't really have a favorite. I love Rice Chex, Rice Krispies, Life, Froot Loops w/ Marshmallows, Honey Smacks before they changed the formula so now Sugar Crisp, Team Cheerios that they haven't made it years, Cinnamon Toast Crunch... I guess if I had to have only one of those for the rest of my life it would be RIce Chex. I like Sweet Cereals, but I get tired of them pretty quickly.

Least favorite?

I hate chocolate cereal. It tastes wrong. Never understood the kids who used chocolate milk for cereal. It made me not trust them.

Salmon?

I haven't had Salmon, but I don't like fish. At least I have never liked any fish I have tried. 

Grapes?

Love grapes. Red > Green but I like both a lot. Grapes are the best fruit. 

46 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Grilled asparagus that has been marinated in oil and vinegar is one of my favorite things.

.... I think I know what I'm having for dinner tonight.

Yep. That's how my brother in law prepares his asparagus (will do it this Easter). Very tasty with the grill taste. I like asparagus in general. I grew up eating it.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Like how do you even wind up like that.

I mean plenty of people don't like fish. It really isn't weird. Sure, far more people like fish than don't but yeah. Also, I was not offered a diverse diet growing up nor was I forced to eat things and I have no desire to waste money on things I probably won't like and I base if I like it or not based off what things I have tried. For example I don't like most vegetables. The veggies I know I have tried and don't like are Carrots, Corn, Broccoli, Cucumber, Peas, Celery, Tomato. The vegetables I do like I don't actually like. I can eat a salad, but that is just vehicle for dressing. I eat lettuce, but only as a salad. I eat pickles, but I don't like cucumber. Nearly every potato based thing I like is fried in oil. Based off that I just assume I don't like many other vegetables.

And like, I can't help that I don't like things. I would rather be normal and like all these things. You could say, "just keep eating until you like it," but that doesn't work. At best shit becomes tolerable. Maybe I would like something like asparagus if it was altered to the point where it is hard to consider it just a vegetable, but I have never been offered to try anything like that for the cost of free. 

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

How does someone not enjoy corn? Are you eating it raw? No butter? Or is the only corn you've had the watery tasteless stuff from TV dinners?

The last time I had corn was corn on the cob with butter. This was a long ass time ago. I was still a kid. But I never liked the corn I ate, I just liked licking the butter off the cob. 

I mean it kind of sounds like the things you like are just grease and salt bombs and you think everything else is bland because it's of how overloading the grease+salt combo is on your senses, and your palate really does change if you stop eating that stuff constantly. 

@Joe

• 4 months later...